We were made to break

Title from Stay the night by Zedd & Hayley Williams. This drabble is also inspired by the song. Hope you enjoy!!

******

I am a fire, you’re gasoline,

Come pour yourself all over me

We’ll let this place go down in flames

Only one more time….

They were volatile, every touch pushed them nearer to the edge, and they burned bright like the sun, setting fire to everything around them. Warnings and promises were broken without a care; they could always make new ones, to be broken once again.

They weren’t fighting to hold on; they weren’t trying to make it work.

They just kept colliding, each instance more intense than the last.

It’s not like they have promises to keep, it’s this burning need that shines through, blurring everything else. It’s a maddening obsession, a want that keeps bringing them back together.

It’s a frenzied rush of heated skin and lips meeting each other, fingers brushing against, mapping out every crevice, every inch of each other. Harry sinks his teeth into Louis’s shoulder as Louis pushes into him forcefully, his entire body tensing up. Their loud pants and the incoherent words slipping out of Harry’s mouth which sounded more like a litany pleas filled the room, and it was easy to drown in the mind numbing pleasure.

When they come together it’s a heady, addicting rush and Harry thinks he’s slipping away someplace else.

“We can’t,” Louis’s voice is hoarse, his breath still coming in irregular pants. Harry merely turns his head towards Louis, not trusting his own voice. “We can’t, this has to stop,” Louis’s fingers trace Harry’s face and then his lips are on Harry’s, still mumbling words that don’t even make sense.

And it’s like nothing was ever said and they’re starting all over again.

It’s not lust, it’s not love, but it’s something in between. Harry doesn’t remember a single time Louis has stayed over; he doesn’t remember a single time they’ve just been together. They go back into their lives like nothing ever happened.

Until, of course, the next time.

The next time when every touch, every kiss feels like it’s the first time, when it’s never enough. So they know that they’ll just go their separate ways, melting back into their own lives, but they’ll still find themselves again right where they left off – so they can start over again.

 Even though they weren’t fighting to hold on; they weren’t trying to make it work.