Beautiful secret

Where Harry is a slave in the Tomlinson’s estate and Louis is the secret he has to keep safe.

--- ---- ----

Harry likes the night. He likes the way the darkness envelops everything around him, hiding things and Harry likes it that he can actually imagine he’s someplace else. But then those familiar footsteps come in at night, padding through the stables and Harry likes to pretend that he’s asleep even though he isn’t just so he can feel the way Louis runs his fingers through his messy curls. Harry pretends that he isn’t hurting all over, that he isn’t grimy and dirt still caked under his fingernails.

So they make their way silently through the night to the store-room, Louis has a key ready and the door creaks open and then they’re safe for a little while, and Harry can properly hold onto Louis and  feel that familiar warmth course through his skin.

“Louis,” Harry breathes, fingers tracing Louis’s jawline and committing to memory for the millionth time the way Louis’s hair swoops down low across his forehead, the way his blue eyes are brighter in the light of the lone candle, the way his lips are quirked up in a soft smile.

Harry likes these times the most- the few hours he and Louis spend here, in the store-room at the far end of the estate, blankets still strewn about from last night (the store –room isn’t used anymore and Louis knows it’s the safest place he and Harry have to call their own), Louis in his arms, so close and so real and the distances don’t matter during these few hours.

Louis leans forward and presses his lips urgently against Harry’s chapped ones and it’s so easy for Harry to fall into Louis- lips against lips, holding each other closer and closer until there isn’t a breath of space between the two and Harry lets go of the words he says every night.

“I love you,” and Louis strokes his face gently, and bumps his nose against Harry’s gently, “I love you, Hazza.”

“Wish we could stay here forever,” Harry says like he does every night and Louis nods along, kissing Harry a little fiercer and for now, like every time it’s enough for Harry.

You see Harry has a secret and that secret is Louis. Louis, the son of master Tomlinson –the man Harry has been working for since as long as he can remember. Louis is the secret that Harry holds so close to his heart, the one thing he won’t let slip because he can’t lose Louis.

So when they fall asleep that night, Louis’s hand secure around his waist,  Louis’s breath tickling against neck, it’s another night Harry tucks away safe inside his memory, another beautiful secret locked away in his heart.

********

i just wanted to write something and this happened.