Joelle Lacroix [Tribute Form]

GAMES - The Hanging Tree Games: Revisited 

Character Name: Joelle Lacroix (Jo-elle, he'll stress. Not Joel.)

Gender: Male

Age: 17

District: Six

Physical Appearance: Lacroix is a soft boy. A boy with effeminate features and a lithe build, nothing too daunting, if daunting at all. His cheeks are not hollowed out like those of some of the others in his district, and he is not quite so pale as many others, either. He has the appearance of someone well fed and perhaps granted more luxury than Six warrants (he's got three meals a day and the miracle of abundant soap). Still, with all of these things in mind, he is an odd boy in the way he stands, maneuvers, and generally presents himself. His ears stick out and his eyes hardly blink; the former is pierced, and the latter colored in a jade green. One last thing to note is his buzzed hair, blonde and combed forward.

Personality: Joelle is a holier-than-thou presence, self-righteous and all too sure of himself. So sure of himself, in fact, that he's a self-proclaimed prophet, here to tell us of our wrongdoings and what may be in store for us as a result. And for those that don't want to hear his drivel, he'll make sure his voice carries and that he's got something attractive to say here and there. All of that being said, it's no wonder he's become a sort of oddball, and even worse for the wear, he tends to believe what he says on the spot - and only what he says, forget the others. He is distrustful of the words of others, and will not be easily manipulated even if what he hears is nothing but truth. If he's got a bad feeling, he will act upon it, and if the act is something taboo, he'll have a completely justifiable reason for it. He is not afraid of repercussions.

History: Six is, whether anyone likes to admit it or not, full of variety, and yes, that is a euphemism for something we don't discuss at the dinner table. The Lacroix family does not dabble in the conventional nature of building trucks and changing the oil. Joelle's mother, for starters, is a bit of an entertainer, and doesn't come home 'til late in the night. Joelle's father owns and runs one of the theaters in town - the sort where plays are put on to boost morale - sponsored by the mayor himself. All that being said, he's had a rather showy upbringing, always trying to garner attention and make himself known like those ten-cent actors his dad hires. Still, they are not royalty. They all live in the swampier area of Six, a less-than satisfactory area where disease seems to run rampant among the inhabitants. Perhaps this is where Joelle got the idea that he'd have visions from the big man himself - people flock to him for hope, and he is glad to give it.

Weapon of Choice: Something swift and simple, something he can hold, and something that can contribute to the spilling of blood without too much of a mess: a knife, a blade, short, sharp and handheld.

Strengths: Joelle will have no problem with killing in the arena, for not only is it legal, he believes he has the divine right to do so. He can also be a strongly persuasive individual if he wants to be, and if not that, he's at least an intriguing individual that can keep ratings up and the odds in his favor. In terms of survival, time with sick people has given him an interest and knowledge in the effects, causes, and treatments of illness. Not that he'd get sick, or anything.

Weaknesses: Though he may be placed in the interests of an audience, the tributes will not be so welcoming, as he can get really irritating really easily. Stronger tributes would pick him off solely for the sake of not having to hear his voice trembling over the arena. Not only that, he's got ulterior motives (which may or may not be a noticeable fact) so others may be unwilling to ally with him, lest they were there to gain something (like, oh, I don't know, the promise of salvation and whatnot). He's also quick to get caught up in himself, and may abandon common sense for the sake of satiating a temper or getting what he wants.