thirty two.

"Dad, hurry up!" Mitch yells excitedly as he jumps up and down, looking up at the apartment complex building in front of him. They had just gotten to their new apartment and Mitch is buzzing with excitement. He couldn't wait to see the apartment. "I wanna go inside now!"

"I'm trying, this thing is being difficult-" Mike grumbles as he tries to pull Scott's wheelchair out of the car.

"Uh, Mitchy... you did check to see if there was an elevator in this apartment complex, didn't you?"

"Of course, and there is one so you don't have to worry about anything," Mitch tells him.

Scott sighs in relief. "Thank God. That would have really sucked if we drove all the way here and there was no elevator for me to use," he says. "I just want to get out of this car."

"I got it..." Mike says before wheeling Scott's chair over to where Scott is waiting. "Need help?"

"Uh... maybe," Scott blushes. "I'm not good at standing up on my own. Aunt Claire always helped."

"That's alright. I don't mind helping and I'm sure neither does Mitch," Mike smiles and he holds onto Scott's waist and helps him carefully as Scott slips out of the car and into his chair.

"Of course. You know if you ever need any help with your wheelchair that I'll help you," Mitch agrees.

"I know," Scott mumbles. "It's just embarrassing. I wish I didn't have to have any help."

"Well, that's not your fault, is it?" Mitch asks. "Let's go inside now!" He grabs Scott's wheelchair and pushes him away from the car. "We're going to get our stuff after we get into the apartment. It's going to take awhile but I want to get it out of the way so we don't have to worry about it later."

Mitch takes Scott into the apartment complex building alone. They checkin first and get the key to their new apartment. Scott already doesn't like how it's not the easiest to navigate around. There isn't a lot of space for him but that's just something that he has to get used to. He has a whole month.

"Are you excited?" Mitch asks as they're in the elevator.

"A little. I'm just nervous. I don't want to disappoint you Mitchy," Scott frowns.

Mitch looks down at Scott. "Why do you think you'll disappoint me?"

"I really want this to work. You've done so much to get here to L.A. I hate admitting it but I am very needy, and I'll hate if I have to go all the way back to L.A just because this life isn't for me," Scott says.

"Scott, it's okay. I already told you that I'm willing to do anything for you..."

"But that's not a good life for you to live," Scott snaps. "I know you've been saying that and I appreciate everything you've done for me but you have to look after yourself too. Please just keep that in mind."

Mitch takes a deep breath and is about to speak but stops when the elevator opens. He takes Scott and starts wheeling him to their apartment. Mitch pulls out the keys and unlocks the apartment.

"Mitchy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ruin the mood. I'm sorry. I do that a lot-" Scott mumbles.

Mitch blinks a few times as he looks down at Scott. "No, you're right. I do have to take care of myself too and I promise that I will. But, I love you so much and I am willing to do anything to make this work. I don't care if we have to move to a different apartment or whatever. We both deserve to be happy. But, it'll be okay if you decide that you don't like the L.A life. Like I said, we'll make long distance work," he says with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"But you won't be happy about it," Scott mumbles.

"Of course I won't be. I'll miss you so much if you go back to L.A. But, let's not think about that right now. We're about to see our own apartment for the first time. Do you want to do the honors?"

Scott bites his lip slightly and then he reaches up and pushes the door open. He wheels himself into the apartment. He looks around and is surprised at how big it actually is. He thought that it would be a lot smaller. Maybe this won't be so bad after all. It's not like he needs that much to survive.

"Welcome home, Scotty..." Mitch smiles as he walks in behind Scott and shuts the door.

"Wow," Scott whispers as he looks around. "This is ours?"

"I didn't think we'd make it this far but I'm glad we get to share this moment together," Mitch grins.

"Me too," Scott looks up at Mitch and grins back at him.

"Okay, so... we have a kitchen..." Mitch says as he points towards the kitchen area. "We have two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Kirstie is going to join us in a couple days. We didn't have enough room for her in the car but she has some stuff to deal with in Texas anyways."

"I was wondering where she was," Scott chuckles. "It's really nice of her to come with you."

"We're besties, and she insisted on coming with us," Mitch says. "Over there is the living room. We don't have furniture yet but dad's staying for a couple of days so he'll help with that."

"And we also have to go grocery shopping," Scott says.

"Right," Mitch nods. "We have a lot of work to do. Are you prepared?"

"I'm always prepared," Scott says. "I have to call Aunt Claire and let her know we arrived safely."

"Okay. I'm going to text my dad," Mitch says as he pulls out his cell phone.

Scott wheels himself out of the kitchen and goes to the living room and calls Aunt Claire. "Aunt Claire? Yeah, it's me. We made it to L.A. Yeah... we made it to the apartment. It's massive!"

Mitch looks up and smiles as he watches Scott talk to Aunt Claire on the phone. He knows deep down that it's not going to be easy for Scott and he just wants his boyfriend to be happy.