Neck Ties and Logical Worries (Analogical)

They his behind a mask of confidence and neon Band-Aids, wanting to be like the others. But they weren't, they where ridiculed for being the bad guy, yet no one ever gave them a chance. No one except Logic, the unemotional trait that always had to think rationally about every decision that he would make.

With Anxiety's habit of jumping to conclusions and ignoring most of the facts it was a surprise when he befriended the Side, or well the Side that everyone thought Anxiety was. They where so different, yet something drew them together, maybe it was the fact Logic could always help them through their attacks or maybe it was because they could bond over a lack of understanding of human emotions.

But eventually, Logic got them to open up. He got them to stop hiding behind their mask, he broke down their walls and made sure that they knew he care and maybe that was why they enjoyed the days spent with Logic, even if he asked them strange questions.

It was after they had explained the fact that they where Non-Binary to the others that they first hung out in Logics room. That was the first time both of their masks dropped completely. Logic showed how exhausted he was, how clueless he was on how to deal with the others, whilst Anxiety let him catch a glimpse at what was under their neon Band-Aid's before breaking down in his arms.

("Are you okay?"

"I don't know.")

They never talked about that night, or the nights that came after. And they certainly didn't talk about how their heart raced every time they saw him, about how they longed to hold his hand and cuddle with them; instead he settled for crying into his shoulder on those long nights alone in his room, listening to his some-what to fast heart beat.

They loved the way that he smiled at them, loved the way he would hold their hands just to assure himself - and them - that they where still there.

But they hated the way they worried, the way the made sure that their arms didn't have too many ("One is too much, please, I want to help!") Band-Aid's on it. They didn't need for Logic to worry, he listened to them scream and cry whilst no one else did and that was enough. That was more than enough.

Although when Logic was asleep, and they where curled into him, they briefly considered their friend. Logan was Logic, Logic was Logan, yet the two seemed too foreign and strange to be the same person.

Logan was the soft, gently, man that held their hands during panic attacks and let them scream into his shoulder when all they wanted to do was cover another spot in their arm with the neon Band-Aid's. He was the man that reached for his hand in the dark, scared that they had left him.

Logic was the (seemingly) unemotional reasoning in the mindscape. He was analytical and hated feelings and socialising. He avoided physical contact and squirmed at the mention of feelings.

He wore a mask, just like them, yet Anxiety was lucky enough to see him without it. They where lucky enough to be able to see the real Logic, and they would never admit the things the real Logic did to them. Not the way he made their heart burst with joy, their body heavy and tingly or their lungs empty at the sight of him, not unless they where behind those medium-toned blue walls. Unless they where in his arms, screaming his emotions away and behind heard. Sure the Band-Aid counts where annoying, and they always felt bad when he found out they added another one, but the usual twinkle in his eyes and the way he was bursting with knowledge made the occasional bad feeling insignificant, it was better than what the others said to them, anyway.

Those nights, far to few and way to in between, did not drain them of energy like talking to the others did, nor did they end up in fights that ended with them having an attack. Instead they simply talked, or played chess, and laughed and let themselves be themselves for a few measly hours before returning to pretending that they only tolerate each other.

But maybe, just maybe, in those moments when they where safe in Logan's arms (not Logics, Logics hugs where different, more awkward but they cherished them both) that the real Anxiety, that Virgil Sanders, could admit that they loved the Side with the neck ties and the logical worries.

---

For Work-N-Progress I hope you aren't disappointed, I wrote this at 12pm so it is probs bad but meh