Liquid Luck and Weird Feelings

*The Next Morning*

As I've got my head stuck in my book, as usual, from the corner of my eye, I see Ron walking into the Grand Hall. I hear Crabbe and Goyle making fun of him, making me roll my eyes. However... Draco isn't saying a word. He's just sitting there, in silence. He's not even sitting with anyone else. He's sitting apart from his friends.... Why? I don't know...

He looks like he hasn't been eating in days. He has dark circles under his eyes, like he hasn't slept in weeks. His skin is more of a grayish color, like whatever he's got on his mind.... is taking him over. I wish I could help him.... It hurts me to see him like this. It's like he's lost all hope...

I tried to get him to open up to to me, but he just won't.... It's like he's afraid that if he opens up to me... it'll make him look vulnerable.... but it really won't... He's been bottling these feelings up for... way too long... and they're taking a toll on him. Whatever he's going through... has changed him, and I wanna help him. I wanna run over there and wrap my arms around him and tell him everything will okay.... but I can't.... I wanna lay with him in the dark and tell him I'll always love him, no matter what.... but I can't.... That's not how life is....

Life is like this long, dark road.... it goes through tunnels, up and down hills, crosses other roads... but the darkness never ends... There's happiness all around this dark road, but the road itself... is always dark. It's never had a touch of sunshine or joy.. or laughter.... or........ love. It's just a long, dark road that goes on... forever.

I sigh to myself, snapping out of my thoughts. I push my plate away from me, as a single tear rolls down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away, before Hermione speaks. "Slughorn's having Christmas to, you know. And we're meant to bring someone", Hermione says, making me look up.

"I expect you'll be bringing McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?"

"Actually, I was going to ask you", Hermione admits, catching Ron's attention.

"Really?" I notice Lavendar Brown walking over to us, making me roll my eyes.

She's literally obsessed with him.

"Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant", Lavendar says, making me chuckle to myself.

"I'm resigning. After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot", Ron says, as he leans in.

"Have it your way", Harry says. "Juice?"

"Sure." Ron takes the juice, when Luna Lovegood speaks from beside us.

"Hello, everyone", Luna greets. "You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?" Harry takes the vial off the table and slips it in his pocket.

"Liquid luck", I say.

"Don't drink it, Ron", Hermione sighs. Ron slowly brings the cups to his lips, before drinking some of the juice. He sets the cup back down, making Hermione speak. "You could be expelled for that."

"I don't know what you're talking about", Harry says, shaking his head. Ron smiles, before standing up.

"Come on, Harry. We've got a game to win", Ron says, before they stand up.

"Boys...", I roll my eyes.