Chapter One

Me and my mum had just arrived home. Mum unlocked the door and walked in, with me behind her. I quickly climbed upstairs and threw my stuff in my room. I tip-toed over to Caroline's open door, wanting to scare her. Her back was to me, but somehow she still noticed me easily.

"Omg! Juliet?!" She yelled, whipping around.

"How did you know it was me?" I asked smirking, my arms crossed over my chest.

"A wild guess." She answered before running up to me and engulfing me in a bone-breaking hug.

"Caroline. I need to breath." I joked causing her to release me.

"Oh yeah sorry, forgot." She laughed. "Go get dressed in something hot." She added. I walked into my room and got dressed in short jean shorts and a tank top, since it was summer. I went back to Caroline's room and laid on her bed. Soon, she came out of her bathroom in the same kind of outfit as me. We laughed and she drove me to the grill.

   Once we arrived I walked in and followed Caroline to a group of people.

"Hey everyone this is my adopted sister, Juliet." She introduced. I looked around at the group until I spotted Elena and Bonnie, my old best friends.

"Elena, Bonnie!" I yelled hugging them.

"Juliet!" They yelled hugging back. I sat next to them.

"This is Stefan and Damon." Elena introduced pointing to two guys. They weren't exactly bad looking either. I smiled and nodded at them.

"Stefan, Damon. Can I have a talk with you guys quickly?" Caroline whispered to them. They both nodded and followed her away. I scanned the grill, looking for some sort of entertainment when my eyes landed on a man. He's...wow. I thought.  Suddenly his eyes met mine and I looked down, blushing like crazy. Though I wasn't looking at him anymore, I could still feel his eyes burning holes into my back. Suddenly I heard someone sit next to me, meaning Caroline was back.

"Why are you so red?" She asked. I pretended to be confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my face feeling less hot already. She let out a small sigh.

"You know what, never mind. I've missed you." She smiled. I nodded smiling back before looking over my shoulder one last time and catching the gaze of the man. Letting a sigh escape my lips, I faced the group again, where they filled me in on everything that had happened since I left. Mostly boring things I couldn't focus on with my thoughts stuck on the man.