A Secret For Two ~ Part 2

Jimin is online ...

Jimin: Mina

Jimin: Minaaa~

Jimin: Minari!!!

Mina is online ...

Hello, Jimin: Mina

Jimin: I'm back in Korea now! Are you free?

Yeah, we just finished practice. :Mina

Jimin: Meet me at the park?

Ok, I'll be there. :Mina

Jimin: Great, see you later!

     Jimin stepped back, looking at his handiwork. It was perfect. Simple, yet elegant. All he had to do now, was wait. He had been meeting up with her for almost a year now. Whether it was a video-call, a regular call, or even just texting, he was overjoyed to talk to her every time. But what he loved most was seeing her in person.

     Now that he was back in Korea he had yet to see her again. Over the course of the year, he had been consistently more upfront with her. He never thought of himself as a flirt, but he seemed to lose himself around her. He was sure there was no way she hadn't picked up on his attempts, and yet she laughed them all off. 

      Just last week they lay under the stars together, as always. Mina had made a comment on how magical the night sky was that night. And Jimin, never one to let go of an opportunity, told Mina that it "could never compare to her." He was pretty sure you couldn't be more forward than that. And yet, Mina simply pushed his face away and continued to smile up at the stars. Sometimes it hurt, but he didn't think she thought he was being serious. 

     And so, he found himself here tonight. He had planned this surprise for days, making sure everything would go perfectly. Breathe in. Breathe out. Okay Jimin, you can do this. He walked out to the park, where he knew he would meet her and sat down on a bench. Everything he needed was ready, all that's left was the girl.

     Meanwhile in a nearby apartment, Mina got dressed and ready to go.

"Hey guys! I'm going for a walk!" She called out, as she opened the front door.

"Ok, be safe!" called Jihyo.

        As always, Mina was very excited to see Jimin again. He was a wonderful friend who was so much like her it could be frightening at times. She began to notice how he was constantly trying to hold her hand or say something sweet to her. Honestly, she was beginning to look forward to those moments every time they met. At first, she didn't want to acknowledge that his efforts were working, but now she just couldn't ignore it as much as she used to. The steady beating of her heart betrayed her as she would meet him for the first time in a while.

"Mina!" Jimin said, as she approached him. He enclosed her in a hug.

"Missed you." Mina managed to say.

"You too." He replied.

"Come, I have to show you something. It's just like our little grove" he said.

        He smiled reassuringly at me, then led her forward by the hand. There he goes holding her hand again. Mina was quite glad he turned away, for her cheeks began to warm. Part of it was from excitement. She would finally be able to see the grove he had been talking about. But the other, she refused to acknowledge. They neared a familiar path and stopped at the entrance.

"Surprise." said Jimin, and gestured for her to go in first. Mina raised and amused eyebrow at him before she ducked into the hole, then gasped. The grove was gorgeous, and you could see all the stars from where they stood. However, most of her attention was drawn to the center, right under the stars. There was a beautiful candle-lit picnic table set up, complete with snacks and drinks. It was ... well, romantic.

"Jimin ... " Mina whispered, then walked back to him. "Did you do this?"

"Yeah. It's for you." He replied with a smile.

Mina gave him a hug. It was the first time she had initiated it. "Thank you."

         Jimin took a deep breath as if to reassure himself, then lifted her chin towards him.

         Mina thought she would recoil at his advances, but she was surprised to find that she stayed completely still.

"Mina. I know it's only been a year or so, but the more I get to know you, the more I like you. You've been helpful and understanding, as well as a great friend. But I would like us to be more. I know it's hard to be together as two idols, but I'll tell you now, because I can't wait another day to do it. I want to be with you Minari."

      Mina knew this was her only chance to say "no". It was a terrifying thought to be with another idol. They couldn't keep this a secret forever. But a part of her began to reconsider. Would it really be so bad? Especially with Jimin. He had been nothing but sweet and understanding towards her, even from the start.

     Coming to a decision, Mina closed her eyes. Jimin took that as permission to steal her lips in a kiss. It was short and sweet. Both of them grinned as they began to part.

"I think I'd like that." Mina smiled.

"I have something for you." Jimin said, barely able to contain his excitement. "Close your eyes."

     As she waited, he slipped a thin, dainty necklace around her neck, fastening the clasp with his fingers. Mina looked down and giggled.

"Too corny?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, a bit." Mina smirked. "Never change."

"I would never dream of it." Jimin assured her with a smile.