Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

His hot breath felt good on my neck and I longed for his lips to be on my skin. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back just enjoying the feel of his touch.

My eyes shot open when I heard what sounded like a gun fire. Jason(Justin) must have heard it to because he looked me dead in the eyes with a serious face. I hear a few more shots and then a mans voice yelling, "Where's McCann?!?!"

Jason stepped back and walked over to the couch lifting up a cushion and pulling a gun out. He checked to see if it was loaded and walked back to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the door . We were standing in front of the couch when the door was opened. Jason pushed me to where I was about two feet away.

Before I could even realize what was happening, the man shot Jason. He looked up at the man then down at the bleeding hole in his stomach and collapsed.

"Jason! No!" I cried and ran to Jason and put his head in my lap while holding his hand. He looked up at me and softly spoke his last words, "Hide, Ave. They will come for you. Don't forget me, Shawty..." He then smirked and closed his eyes as my sobs got louder.

Chaz and Ryan ran into the room. Ryan tried to pull me up but I refused. "Come on, Avery! We have to go now!" I shook my head and held on tighter to Jason, "I won't leave him!" Chaz sighed, "Avery, there is nothing you can do now but protect yourself. Please come on before they come back!" I looked up at them and sighed. I then look back towards Jason's lifeless body and whispered, "I love you..." Then got up and ran out with the boys.