Chapter 27

Chapter 27

*Avery's POV*

I'm walking down the isle towards my doom. Now would be a really good time for Chaz to bust in and save the day. I got to the end of the isle and stood in front of Ryan. The preacher was speaking but I wasn't listening. All I did was look towards the door hoping for Chaz to help me.

"If there is anyone who objects to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace."

Just then the doors burst open. This is it! Chaz is finally here! I looked at the doors but the person walking in wasn't Chaz.

"I object!" Jason shouts. He has a gun held up as he walks towards us.

"Jason!" I shout as I start to run towards him but Ryan stops me. He wraps an arm around my neck and holds a gun to my head.

"Let her go, Ryan!" Jason growls.

"Ha, as if."

"You were my best friend. I don't understand how you could betray me like you did. Now you're trying to steal the love of my life and in a complete opposite wedding than she wanted." Jason spoke as he walked a little closer.

"She planned this wedding and it was expensive as hell!"

I smirked. That was the point.

"Averyanna didn't want a wedding like this. She wanted a romantic wedding by a lake. She didn't want a huge dress. She want a beautiful flowing gown."

"You remembered." I tried to mutter out through Ryan's tight grasp on me.

"Of course I remembered. I love you."

Ryan laughed wickedly. "This is disgusting. You're not getting your girl back and you aren't leaving this place alive."

Jason smirked. "Wanna bet."

He snapped his fingers twice making Ryan laugh even more. "What are you doing? Calling for back up?"

"Something like that." He snapped again and the hold around my body was gone. I looked down to see Ryan on the ground. Justin did his fingers in an okay sign looking behind us. I turned around to see Chaz on the second floor balcony with a sniper riffle. The doofus is laughing his butt off about all of this. I knew he wouldn't let me down even if he is a little wacko.

"Jason!" I screamed as I ran and jumped into his arms. You do not understand how hard it is to do that in this dress.

"I can't believe you're actually alive!" I cried still hugging him tighter than ever.

"Baby, I've died twice and I'm still alive. Don't give up on me so easily."

"You have to explain to me what the hell is going on but not now."

"Okay, baby. I have a surprise for you." He sat me back down.

"What could be a bigger or better surprise than you being alive?"

"Hmmm nothing."

I laughed. Still the same ole Jason. He pulls the ring off of my finger and throws it behind us.

"No need for that."

He gets down on one knee and pulls out a velvet box. "Averyanna Marie Matthews, will you marry me?"

I started crying and jump in his arms. "Yes!"

"I don't want to get married just yet though. I want to spend a year of us learning more about each other. Just us.... And Chaz.... and Nicolai.... And my gang."

I laugh. Living life with a criminal is always an adventure.

"Sorry, baby, but if I turn myself in, I will get life in prison."

I reach up and kiss him again. "I know, baby. Strangely, I am okay with this life."