Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Ryan's POV*

Chaz's eyes went wide. "What do we do?" Chaz was a bit of a worrier sometimes.

"You stay here with Jason you know just in case.... Anyway, I'll go talk to the doctors and see what's going on." Chaz nodded and I walked out the door and to the nurses desk. She looked up from her computer and smiled at me. "Can I help you with something, Sir?" I nodded and asked her, "Those two people that were just rushed in here... Do you know what happened?"

She started typing away on her computer then squinted at the screen and told me, "Yes. It seems as though they were in a car accident. The driver was speeding and they hit a car head on. They are both alive and the mans injuries are not to bad but the woman is in critical condition. Do you know their names?"

"Yeah. Kaydin Adam James and Averyanna Marie Matthews." She typed away as I spoke and asked me if I could write the names down. She obviously couldn't spell their names.

"If you get anymore news on them can you please let me know? I will be in room 269."

She nodded her head and I told her thanks then walked back into Jason's room. Pattie was asleep leaning on Chaz's shoulder and Jason was just looking at her. Jason noticed me as I sat down next to Mama Pat's sleeping body.

"Chaz, why don't you take Mama Pat home and I'll stay here with Jason and wait on any news about Kaydin and Avery." He said ok and gently got up. He picked Pattie up bridal style and carried her out of the room quietly shutting the door behind them.

Jason looked at me and said something I didn't expect. "When they allow, I want to go see this Avery girl you keep talking about."

"Ok, boss." I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if we would see her again, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

It's been two days and I haven't left this hospital not even once. Chaz brought me a change of clothes and I had been sleeping on the couch by Jason's hospital bed. Pattie couldn't stay today because she had to work but she did come by this morning.

The nurse had done just as I asked and let me know about Kaydin and Avery. Kaydin was awake and alert and I had been in there to see him once but he was asleep. Avery on the other hand, had to go through three surgeries and is in a coma.

The nurse walked into Jason's room. "Sir, you can now see Averyanna but she is still in a coma."

"Ok. Jason would like to see her though."

"Ok let me get a wheel chair and you can take him. It's room 342, one floor up." She exited the room and came back 5 minutes later pushing a wheelchair. I helped Jason into the chair. I pushed him out the room and into the elevator clicking the third floor.

We had to go down two hallways but we finally stopped in front of room 342. I opened the door and pushed Jason in.

He gasped as he looked at her scratched, bruised, and broken body lying still in the bed. I pushed him to the side of the bed and he grabbed her hand. He looked at her then up at me and I could see tears in his eyes. "I remember....."

He broke down crying as he laid his head on the side of her bed. I figured I would give him some time with her. Just as I was walking out I heard him say, "I love you, Averyanna."