Chapter 26

Chapter 26

*Avery's POV*

"R-Ryan, why are you doing this?"

"Avery, you'll never understand. Jason didn't love you. He only wanted you to trust him so that he could get the chip. I loved you the whole time, but you never noticed."

"So, you're forcing to marry you at gunpoint because I never noticed you were in love with me and I was in love with a guy who doesn't love me?"

"Eh, pretty much." He shrugged.

"Okay. I want a traditional wedding. I want lots of roses. I also want a perfect dress. I want to look like a queen. If I am being forced to marry you, I at least want the wedding of my dreams or you can go ahead and kill me."

He bows down. "As you wish, my queen. We shall be married in a week, so we should go dress shopping. We'll start today so go get dressed."

I crawled out of the bed and walked into the closet. I put on a black crop top, a pink skirt with polka dots, and black sandals. I grabbed my black bag and walked out. I decided to go makeup free and leave my hair in a ponytail.

Ryan and I rode to the bridal shop in silence. I really wasn't in the mood to speak with him. We walked in and Ryan sat out by the mirrors while I was escorted to the room to choose dresses to try on. I walked in and almost jumped through the roof. Chaz poked his head out from a corner.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper yelled at him.

"Warning you! You need to go through with everything until the wedding day. Shit is going to go down and it's going to get ugly."

"Chaz, he held a damn gun to my head! Are you fucking serious right now?"

"Yes! Just go with it. I got your back. I promise I won't let anything happen to you, A."

"Okay. Now help me pick a dress that's huge so he can't get to close to me but also expensive because he's a jackass."

He turned around and grabbed a dress. "I already got you covered." He laughed and handed me a huge fluffy dress. Expensive and allows me to keep distance between Ryan and I. It's perfect.

I went back into the room to try on the dress. A lady helped me into it and I could barely walk in it. I wobbled my way out to the mirrors to show Ryan.

"OMG! Ryan I look like a queen! This dress is perfect!"

As is. This dress is not me and do not find it the least bit flattering to my body. I'm not exactly a toothpick and this dress sure isn't helping.

"I guess it looks fine."

He looks at the price tag and his eyes go wide.

"Avery, this is more than I paid for my house!"

I looked at him sweetly smiling and blinking my eye lashes.

"Fine. You win."

I smirked. Of course I win.

~

Ryan had set up for me to have lunch with my mom. I'm super excited because I haven't seen or heard from her in months. Jason had put a note in my room that I fell in love and ran off with Justin. She probably didn't even search for me. I watched her as she walked into the restaurant. I jumped as soon as she neared the table and hugged her tight.

"I missed you, mommy!"

"I missed you to, sweetheart. Where have you been? What have you been doing?"

We sat down and ordered before going on with our conversation.

"Things have been hectic. I ran off with Justin, but he got killed. I was seeing this one guy, but he got killed to. Now I'm engage to one of Justin's friends. The wedding is next week. I already have my dress. Got it today. What's with you and dad?"

"Divorce. I'm now engaged to a hot Australian. Isn't that something. Both of us engaged at the same time."

I sighed and pretended to be excited. "That's great, mom. Really great."

Everything seems so different now. We are so distant. If Chaz doesn't bail me out of this marriage, we may stay strangers and I don't want that. I bet Jason would've let me see my mom.