Chapter 13

It Just Happened 13

*Avery's POV*

I saw the light. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Walking out of the light was my older brother. He got killed three years ago in the army. Now he is standing in front of the light holding his hand out for me. I was to shocked to move. Am I dead?

He smiled at me and spoke in an angelic voice, "Come with me, Avery. We can finally be together again if you just let go and follow me into the light."

"What about Jason?" I asked as my eyes began to water. He looked at me sympathetically, "Isn't he dead, sweetheart?"

"We don't know that for sure!"

"He's gone. Please come be with me. I miss you, Ave!" He walked over and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the light. I started crying and screaming out, "No! I don't want to go! Jason! Jason, please! Save me!"

Just before we got to the light everything went dark again and my brother was gone.

I felt my body being shaken and someone yelling my name. I finally found enough energy to open my eyes and see Jason hovering over me. My jaw dropped as I poked his chest to see if it was really him. When I realized it was, I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed him tight. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close whispering in my ear, "I am so glad you're okay. You've been screaming my name and for me to save you for the last five minutes."

I can't believe I was actually screaming that out loud. I thought it was just in my head.

I pulled back and covered my face with my hands as I blushed. He leaned over and kissed my cheek making me blush even more. "You're so cute when you blush."

"Stahp it!" I was still trying to cover my face but he pulled my hands back down and smiled at me.

He sat down beside me and grabbed my hand. "I need to go see Kaydin. I don't want to leave you, but I have to check on him to."

"Jason, no! He's not who you think he is!"

"What do you mean?"

"Jason... Kaydin works for Anthony. He is the one who killed Alex for Anthony. He told me you killed his brother. Did you?"

He sighed, "No, Ave, I didn't. What really happened was leukemia. See, I always check up on my guys to make sure they are capable of doing their jobs and I was going through Klay's stuff to find that he had been going to the doctor a lot. I called up the doctor and turns out Klay had leukemia. The report said he wasn't going to live more than a week. I called him in to talk about it one day and he just went crazy and tried to slit my throat. Of course, I'm stronger than him but it caught me off guard. I kicked him back and he fell on the ground unconscious. I checked his pulse and there wasn't one. I thought I had killed him but then the doctor said he wouldn't live more than a week. Kaydin was so mad at me thinking I killed his brother, so I got an autopsy done to prove my innocence. I didn't kill him. He died from leukemia. Kaydin said he forgave me and we bro hugged and I even let him cry on my new leather jacket because that's what friends are for. Now, he does this.... I don't even know what to think right now! I didn't expect him to be a trader!"

By the time Jason had finished speaking he was furious. I still had questions though and it's worth the risk right now to ask.

"Jason, he also told me that you have been spying on me for the last 8 months and you know everything about me. He said that I have something you need and he can't let you get it. What was he talking about, Jay?"

"Shit! Look, I did it to protect you. I know everything about you, but I didn't know you personality. I had to get close to you, so I sent your friend the tickets. Ave, you're special. Your dad planted a chip in you when you were born and I need that chip. It's got some important information on it that could take Anthony and his gang out. Your dad was trying to take Anthony out to. Ave, I need that chip but the only way to get it is surgery."

"This is all so much to take in."

"Just wait till you hear what else I have to tell you."

"What is it?"

"Averyanna Marie Matthews......"