Chapter 24

It Just Happened

Chapter 24

*Avery's POV*

I groaned as the sunlight shown through the windows into my sleepy eyes. I have no idea how I ended up in the bed or what happened last night. My head is pounding like a woodpecker on a tree.

"Morning, sleepyhead!"

"Ry, what happened last night?"

"You came downstairs and was all over me then just passed out. I figured the whiskey got to you."

I rolled over in the bed to see Ryan standing there smiling and holding a bottle of pills and apple juice. Sitting up, he handed me to medicine and drink. After taking it, he scooped me up in his arms and headed for the door.

"You need food. I cooked for you."

He kissed my head as he placed my down at the table. On a plate in front of me was a big pancake with bacon on the side. It smells really good and now that I think about it, I'm starving.

"Hey, Ry?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you take me shopping today? I really need to get out of the house and get my mind off of things."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Well, Jason is dea--gone, so I think it will be fine. Anthony was only after me to get at Jason and now that he's not here anymore, Anthony has no use for me."

"You have a point. I will take you after breakfast."

I ate breakfast quickly then rushed up the stairs to get a shower. Once I finished, I scrunched up my hair, added some foundation and mascara, and began my search for something to wear. I decided on some black tore denim shorts, a white crop top, and some vans. After getting dressed, I grabbed my bag and skipped down the stairs.

Ryan was waiting for me in the living room and once he saw me he jumped up from the couch. He grabbed my hand and I pulled him out the door behind me. I am so excited to get out of the house.

As soon as we get into the mall, we go into Charlotte Russe. I think I tried on half the clothes in the store before finally buying a few items and heading to a different shop. The next place I picked was JCPenny's because I love their clothes.

"Ry, I'm going to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

He nodded his head. I was walking to the bathroom when something grabbed me and pulled me into a dark room. When the light was turned on I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Chaz?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"I thought you were dead?"

"That was part of the plan. Jason and I had a plan against Ryan because Ryan isn't who you think he is. Ryan is working with Anthony. Ryan is actually Anthony's boss. I had to fake my death for the plan. The getting stabbed part was planned and neither was Jason getting killed."

"So Ryan is-"

"A traitor. We don't have long to talk so listen. I'm gonna continue with the plan, but I need you to pretend like everything is normal with Ryan. He won't hurt you because he is after the chip and he can't get that if you're dead. Long story. Anyway, just go with the flow and if you need anything dial *69 on your phone and directs you to me. Only if it's an emergency because Ryan is monitoring your phone."

"Got it."

"I need you to keep Ryan out of the house till 2 p.m. which is about four hours. I need to go through the house completely."

"Okay. I can do that."

"You need to get back before Ryan gets suspicious. I miss you, A."

"I miss you to, C."

Chaz gave me a quick hug before pushing me out the door. I took a deep breath and walked back to Ryan.

"What took you so long?"

"Mother Nature."

"Oh, do you want to go home?"

"No, I want to shop more then eat and take a walk down the beach. Oh, and I want ice cream to."

"Damn, Avery. You're definitely trying to keep my lazy ass busy."

"It's what I do best."

With that, I winked and pulled him all around the store picking out clothes and shoes of all kinds. By twelve, I am absolutely exhausted, but I know I have to keep Ryan out for a little while longer.

"Ry, can we go eat? I'm starving!"

"Yeah, I am to."

We walked into the food court and ordered Chik-Fil-A. I chose a seat that was away from everyone else and sat at the table. I'm a little bit of a clean freak, so I wiped the table down with a baby wipe from my purse before setting the food down. Ryan just laughed at me and shook his head. We ate in silence for awhile until Ryan spoke up.

"Averyanna, can I ask you something?"

"Go for it."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, I'd love to."

"Yeah!"

He seamed excited about it, so I pretended to be. He can't know that I know about him. I kinda wish I didn't know. My life has become some kind of horror movie and I still can't believe that this is actually happening to me.