Chapter 21

*Ryan's POV*

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Untangling my arms from Avery's body, I slid out of the bed and grabbed my phone before trotting out of the room quietly. I didn't even check the caller I.D. before I answered because I'm half asleep. As soon as I answered, I wished I didn't because Jason's voice instantly rang through my ears.

"Ry, I can't find Averyanna!" He was screaming and his voice was laced with panic.

"J, she's with me."

"Why is she with you? Where did you take her? Tell me now, Ryan!"

I groaned. It's way to early for this. "I took her away so you couldn't hurt her anymore. She was on the couch when you came in with that slut. I walked in and she was broken to pieces. I was tired of you breaking her heart then going back and telling her that you love and care for her. She's safe here. Away from you and Anthony!"

I hung up the phone before he even had a chance to respond. I care about Jason. He's been my bro for years, but he can't just keep doing this to Avery. I see the way she looks at him. She loves him. He broke her. I hope to change it from she loves him to she loved him.

I walked downstairs to the living room. I grabbed a lighter and walked to the fireplace. Wrapping my phone in paper, I lit it and tossed it in the fireplace. Wouldn't want Jason to track the phone call now would we.

I walked over to sit on the couch and threw my head back closing my eyes. I soon heard a noise causing my eyes to shoot open. There walking down the stairs was Avery. I smiled as she groaned walking over to me. She laid down on the couch on her side and placed her head in my lap. I began playing with her hair until I soon heard quiet little snores. Chuckling slightly, I grabbed the blanket off the back of the couch and covered her up.

*Jason's POV*

"Hello, Ryan?"

I threw my phone against the wall. That dumbass traitor hung up on me. How could my own damn friend do this to me? I thought we were bros for life. He stole my girl and then wanted to say it's because I broke her heart. Like, what the fuck!

I didn't even sleep with that girl. I thought that Averyanna would be asleep in my room, so I paid that chick to help me. I only brought home that slut home to show Anthony that I didn't care about Averyanna. The thing is though, I do. I love her more than anything, but Anthony can't know that. He'll kill her.

*Chaz's POV*

Nicolai and I decided to go for a midnight walk because neither of us could sleep. I smiled as Nicolai grabbed my hand. We began walking down the cold street feeling a slight breeze blow across my skin. We had been walking for about ten minutes when I looked over to see tears streaming down Nicolai's face. I stopped walking and turned to face him. His sobs became louder.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

He looked at me before pulling something out of his back pocket. I couldn't see exactly what it was but it shimmered in the moonlight. He looked at me as he cried and began shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, Chaz. I'm sorry! I love you. I really do! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!"

"Nicolai! What are you sorry for? You've done nothing wrong."

He then lifted the item and jabbed it into my gut. I could now tell that it was a knife. I looked into his wet eyes. He looked scared, upset, hurt, and I, well I could only muster up a painful disappointed look. My love just betrayed me. He said he loved me, then stabbed me. Literally.

I collapsed. I could hear Nicolai calling 9-1-1 before his footsteps got quieter until I could no longer hear them. He was running while I was bleeding to death about to pass out. Guess this is how it ends.