Chapter 31

Chapter 31

*Jason's POV*

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket as I dialed 9-1-1. I had her held tight in my arms as her body twitched. The ringing seemed to last forever until someone finally answered.

"9-1-1 what's your emergency?" A woman asked.

"My girlfriend. I think she's having a seizure." I spoke hurriedly.

"Does she have a history of seizures?"

"No! She's five months pregnant! Stop asking questions and get a damn ambulance!" I groaned as I hung up. I don't even know why I thought of even calling them.

I gently pick up her limp, seizing body and care her out the door to my Ferrari. I place her body in the passenger seat and buckle her in before running around to the driver side. Backing the car out and slamming on the gas, I drove Fast and Furious style to the closet hospital. A trip that should have took fifteen minutes only took five.

As soon as I pulled in, I hoped out and grabbed Avery. I held her body against mine and I ran inside the building. I screamed for help and two men ran over with a gurney. I gently laid her down on it and kissed her shaky head

"How long has she been shaking like this?" A doctor asked me.

"About ten minutes, and she's five months pregnant."

The doctors eyes shot open and he instantly turned around and pushed her away. Since I know they won't let me back with her, I decided I should call Chaz and Nicolai. My thumb scrolls through the contacts until it lands on 'ChazyBoo' and I click it. I hear the phone ringing and I'm getting more impatient by the second.

"Hey," he answers happily.

"Chaz, Avery was having a seizure and I had to bring her to the hospital. I'm here right now."

"Shit! I'll be there in ten minutes!" He hangs up the phone without giving me time to respond. I put my phone back in my pocket.

I haven't had time to really grasp what's going on. My pregnant wife is having a seizure and I have no idea why.

"Fuck!" I curse and I punch the nearest thing to me. It happened to be a snack machine which I busted the glass in. I looked down at my hand and it was pouring blood with shreds of glass in it.

"Fuck!" I groaned out as I walked to the front counter. The woman looked at me. She pursed her lips and crossed her eyes. I rolled my eyes before pulling my wallet out of my pocket and tossing five hundred dollars on the counter.

"That should cover the machine. Now, will you please get someone to fix my hand?" I pleaded with the old woman.

"You're stupid, ya know."

"Yes, ma'am, I know." I rolled my eyes again. The old Jason would have pulled a gun out and held it to her head for saying that. I've worked very hard on trying to better control my anger and I've even gone through an online course on how to control it. That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.

The woman walks around the counter and grabs my and that isn't bleeding. She pulls me to a room and walks out. A nurse comes in pushing a cart that appears to have needles, and tweezers. This should be fun.

"Dammit, stop!" I try to pull my hand away but she holds onto it.

"Do you want this glass out or not?" She asks irritated.

"Right now, I don't really fucking care. I just want to see my fiancé."

She groans and leans her head back. "Will you shut your damn mouth for five minutes and let me finish this?"

I glare at her. My phone starts ringing, so I pull it out of my pocket and see that it's Chaz.

"Please tell me you didn't punch the machine." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Now is not the time for jokes. If this bitch will hurry the hell up, I will be out there soon." I spit into the phone. I feel the tweezers jab into my hand making me look at her. She looks up at me and whispers, "Oops," while smiling.

I groaned and hung up the phone. This nurse really shouldn't be playing games with me right now. I already want to kick her in the face. The only reason I haven't is because I think back to that night. The night that made me hate myself more than anything.

*Flashback*

I walked into the living room seeing Avery on the couch watching Law & Order. I sit next her and place my hand on her thigh. She looks at me and then back at the tv.

"Jason, I really think you need to stop drinking so much." She states while not even looking at me.

"I don't even drink that much." Rolled my eyes as I lifted the bottle to my lips.

She scoffed.

"I lost my best friend. I think I have every right to drink." I slurred.

"Jason, you're drinking yourself to death and I am big going to just sit around and watch you."

"You think you're going to leave me," I laughed cynically, "But, you're not."

She stood up and started walking away. I stood up to and grabbed her arm pulling her back to me.

"You're not going anywhere, bitch." I hiss.

"J-Jason, let me go! You're hurting me!" She shouts back at me.

"No! You belong to me!" I back at her as she tries to pull away.

"You've fucking lost it!" She spits back at me.

I laugh evilly before bringing my hand back and slapping her hard. She falls to the ground. When I look down at her, she has tears in her eyes and she looks disgusted with me. Honestly, I couldn't really blame her.

*End Of Flashback*

"All done." The nurse pats my leg as she stands up. I was to caught up in my thoughts to realize that she had finished. I stood up and thanked her before walking out of the room to find Chaz and Nicolai. I found them in the lobby.

"Hey." Nicolai said.

I was about the respond when a doctor interrupted me. "Mr. Smith?"

"Yes?" I asked.

"We have news on your wife......"