Chapter 25

Chapter 25

*Avery's POV*

It's been a month since I saw Chaz and I haven't seen him since. Ryan has been staying out a lot more but at the same time he's been getting closer to me. A little to close for comfort. He's also been having the moments of pure anger. He would come home from who knows where, sometimes smelling of alcohol, and he would start yelling at me. I just wish Chaz could get me out of here.

Ryan wants to take me to a fancy dinner tonight and as much as I don't want to go, I know I have to. Right now I am searching for a dress. I picked a dress with a nude colored top, a mint green bottom, and golden belt with nude pumps. The dress has sheer fabric that is longer in the back than in the front. I sighed as I picked up my gold clutch and headed out the door.

At the bottom of the stairs, Ryan stood in all black attire. Once I descended the stairs, I looped my arm into Ryan's and he lead me out the front door. He opened the car door for me and closed it once I was in. He got in and started the car. The whole ride I just rested my head against the window. I'm incredibly tired. I've been losing sleep because honestly I'm scared if Ryan.

The car came to a stop after about ten minutes of riding. We were stopping in front of an old building. I didn't question it. I just got out of the car and followed Ryan up so steps. We went through a door at the top of the steps and went through it. The door lead to the roof. Ryan had set up a romantic dinner with candles and rose petals on the roof of an old building.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I said as I looked out over the city.

"I wanted a romantic setting for the question I have to ask."

"What is it?"

"After dinner."

I nodded and walked over to the table. Ryan pulled my chair out for me and I sat down. We pulled the tops off our trays to reveal some beautifully cooked chicken. I dug in instantly. I haven't eaten all day. It didn't take me very long to finish my dinner.

"So, Averyanna. You know I care about you a lot. Actually, I'm in love with you. That leads me to my question." He stands up and walks over to take a knee in front of me. He pulls a velvet box out and opens it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"Averyanna Marie Matthews, will you marry me?"

I shook my head as I started crying. "Ryan, I can't."

"Why not?"

"I don't love you. I love Jason."

"Jason's dead! You're never going to get him back!"

The tears rolled out of my eyes even more. "Ryan, I can't."

He reaches behind his back and pulls out a gun. He points it at my head. "I will ask you one more time. Averyanna Marie Matthews, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I cried even more as he reached up caressing my cheek. I cringed at his touch. He put the gun away and stood up. "Good girl."

When did my life become such a horror movie?

The time I met my idol. The man who helped me through so much with his music. A man who I admired for his honesty and kindness. A man who turned out to be someone he isn't. The man I liked who turned into the man I love.