Chapter 33

It Just Happened

Chapter 33

*Avery's POV*

I love Jason with all my heart, but I wish he would go away. I've been out of the hospital for five days now and Jason acts like I can't do anything on my own. He's waited on me hand and foot. Every five seconds he's asking me if I am okay or if I need anything. I was put on bed rest and clearly Jason thinks I'm helpless. I'm grateful for him and I'm glad I have him, but he's driving me absolutely insane.

"Baby, do you need anything?" Jason asks me as he brushed my hair behind my ear.

"No." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Is something wrong?" He asks me.

"No, Jason."

He scoffs. He can read me like an open book. "Averyanna, tell me what is wrong right now."

"Jason, it's you. I love you and I'm grateful for all you have been doing for me, but I need space. Your crowding me. You don't have to ask me every few minutes if I need anything. I'm perfectly fine."

"But, baby, I just want to keep you and Justin safe. There's still a chance something could happen to him and that's why you are on bed rest."

Tears started streaming down my eyes. Damn these pregnancy hormones. Jason, who was sitting right beside me in the bed, pulled me into his lap arm I snuggled into his neck. He always smells like vanilla and cinnamon and though that sounds like it would smell terrible, it actually smells like heaven.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I will try my best to back off a little. I need to catch up on work anyway." He sighed and kissed my forehead. "Maybe I can be your slave for one more night?"

"How about you just be my wonderful fiancé?" I suggested as I looked up into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Okay, baby," his lips placed upon mine and I fell for him all over again. Every time we kiss I fall in love with him even more. Honestly, I can't wait to marry this man. No, he hasn't done all the right things and he isn't perfect. He's a criminal who makes mistakes and does things he isn't suppose to. He is also the best thing to ever happen to me. I wasn't happy in the life I was living before I met Jason. Now, I'm the happiest I've ever been.

"Jase, can we go to the park or something? If I don't get out of this house soon, I'm going to lose my mind."

"You were put on bed rest-"

"Jason," I cut him off. He sighed and nodded as he stood up and placed me down on the bed softly.

"My only weakness is you. I'll get you some clothes and help you change after I get dressed." He grumbles as he walks into the closet. Five minutes later, he walks out in a black shirt, gray pants, and as always, his Supra's.

He helped me put on a long white skirt, a black shirt that says "First Time Mommy", black flats, a red bandana, his black varsity jacket. "You're the most gorgeous woman in the whole world, baby," he says as he kisses my cheek.

"Babe, I'm only sixteen." I say with a slight chuckle.

"But, you're already a mommy and have been through more crap in the last year than most people do in their whole lives. I think you're considered a woman. Now, let's go to the park!" He jumps up and gently but quickly lifts me from the bed carrying me down the stairs. He walks outside and sets me down in the car and closes the door. I watch as he strolls back into the house. He walked out with my bag and the keys and got in the car.

The five minute drive to the park consisted of Jason and I singing 'All About That Bass' as loud as possible and laughing hysterically. He sings me to sleep every night and I'm still not tired of his voice.

When we pulled up to the park, Jason got out, walked around, and helped me out of the car. He wrapped his left arm around my waist and used his right arms to hold my right hand. After kicking the car door closed, we walked down the pathway towards the lake.

"Jase, look at the water! It's so beautiful," I say mesmerized.

"I'm looking at something more beautiful," he says. I look up at him to see him already looking at me. He let's go of my hand and places his over my stomach. I watch as the baby kicks and Jason's hand moves. His face lights up like fireworks on the Fourth of July.

"I can't believe I have a fiancé and a son. Damn, I love you, my little angel," he leans down and kisses me with all the passion in the world. Every kiss with him is just as magical as the one before.

"I love you too, my little criminal." We both laughed and started walking down the sidewalk again. We were walking around a tree in the park when Anthony started walking towards us.

"Hey, boss," he said frantically.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked him.

"Um, code red in the business department..." He trailed off.

Jason nodded and looked back at me. "Baby, I'm going to drop you off with Nicolai and go take care of some business. It will only be a few hours. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, I guess." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, angel. I'll make sure he treats you like the queen you are." Jason says to me as he leads me back to the car. He drove me to Chaz's house and helped me inside. Nicolai had already set up the home theatre with all my favorite movies and snacks. He also brought in fuzzy blankets and pillows. Jason kissed my head, told me he loved me, and left in a rush. I have no idea what's going on, but it seems important.