Chapter 22

*Avery's POV*

I woke up the next morning to enticing smell of pancakes. Me being me, I jumped off the couch, tripped over the blanket, got back up, and dashed into the kitchen. Ryan was standing at the stove with his back towards me when I entered the kitchen. I decided to sneak up behind him and whisper "Boo," in his ear which made him jump, sending the spatula went flying. I bent over forward laughing my butt off at his reaction. He just looked confused for a minute before he started laughing with me.

"Ya know, I'm suppose to be in a gang where nothing can scare me-"

"But I just did!" I continued laughing. Yeah and HE is the one in the gang. We both finally calmed down to have breakfast. We grabbed our plates of pancakes and bacon then headed to the back porch. It's such a beautiful day that we decided to eat outside.

http://www.bookitnow.com.au/pictures/2360/std/16838.jpg

We ate our breakfast in a peaceful silence. We were just enjoying this wonderful morning until Ryan spoke up.

"Avery, I know that you're in love with Jason. I just wanted to see if you would give me a chance. Please go on a date with me tonight?"

I smiled and instantly responded, "Yes! Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. Just wear something nice and be ready by eight."

Ryan and I cleaned up our mess and went to start our day. Ryan said he was going to buy groceries and I haven't seen Chaz since last night so it looks like I'm on my own today. I decided I should go upstairs and unpack my bag. I walked in the room ( http://designsnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Girls-Pink-room.jpg ) to realize how cute it is. I was to tired and shocked to notice last night. Ryan told me this morning that this use to be his sisters room. She died in a car accident 8 years ago. He also said that I can use any of the clothes in the room.

I picked up my bag, placing it on the bed and unzipping it. I brought out all my clothes on the bed and begun hanging them up and putting them in the dresser.

*Ryan's POV*

I had to leave Avery at the house because I got a text that Chaz had been stabbed and is in critical condition. He was dead when Jason found him but was revived by the paramedics. I didn't want to tell Avery because then she would want to go with me to see him and Jason would get her back. I won't let that happen.

I pulled up in the hospital parking lot and climbed out of my car. I jogged into the hospital and to the elevator hitting the third floor button. I had to go down three hallways but I soon bursting through the door. Jason was sitting in a chair beside Chaz. He had to receive blood after they did the operation to fix some arteries and sew up the hole.

I walked over and sat down next to Jason. Immediately his eyes landed on mine and I knew what was coming next.

"Where is Averyanna?"

I sighed, "Jason, deep down, you know where she is. I'll be back late tonight to see him but right now I have to get some groceries."

I got up to walk out but turned around to say one last thing, "Oh yeah, and Chaz is gay." With that being said, I left.

*Jason's POV*

It didn't really surprise me that Chaz is gay. I've always had my suspicions anyway. I was more focused on the fact that he told me I know where Averyanna is. What is that even suppose to mean?

*Avery's POV*

It's already six, so I decided I should start getting ready. I showered and out some pajamas on before going to the closet to find something to wear. I found a gorgeous sparkly silver dress with matching heels that must have been his sisters. I went to start my hair and makeup before getting dressed.

I smiled in the mirror as I looked my gorgeous attire that my hair and makeup greatly complimented. I heard a car pull up and walked downstairs. Ryan walked through the door in a really nice suit.

He smiled, "You look gorgeous, Avery."

I blush and look down slightly. He lifts up my chin and looks into my eyes. "You look cute when you blush. Don't hide it."

I blushed even more and bit my lip. He smiled even brighter as he led me out the door and to the car. We started driving but I didn't dare question where we were going because I knew he wouldn't tell me. We drove for about twenty minutes until we stopped. It looked like we were in the middle of nowhere which confused me and made me nervous at the same time. He simply smiled and grabbed my hand to help me out the car. He led me down a pathway covered in roses until the roses stopped. I looked up to see the most beautiful scenery. A table had been set up with Christmas lights dangling. It overlooked the water which made it even more magnificent.

Ryan pulled the chair out for me to sit down before sitting down himself. The whole dinner was nice and peaceful. We talked and laughed the whole time. We pulled into the driveway at midnight. Ryan was carrying me because I said I was tired. When we opened the door, we got a huge surprise. Standing inside the house facing the door was Jason with a gun pointed at us.