Chapter 23

It Just Happened

Chapter 23

*Avery's POV*

Ryan slowly put me down without removing his eyes from Jason's.

"Jason, would you really shoot me?" I spoke barely above a whisper as my eyes filled with tears.

"Come. Here. NOW!" He spoke angrily. I was terrified. I slowly walked towards him. Halfway to him, a gun fired making me scream. Jason looked down then looked me in the eyes before falling to the ground. I ran to him instantly trying to find the bullet wound. As I looked up, I noticed Anthony running away from behind where Jason was just standing. I checked for a pulse but only found a weak one. Blood was pouring out of his stomach through his white t-shirt. I could barely see from crying so hard.

"Ryan, call a damn ambulance!" I was a wreck. Screaming and crying and yelling Jason's name. He may have hurt me, but I love him.

Ryan put down his phone and came to stand by me. He reached down to check Jason's pulse but when he pulled his hand away, he looked at me with the saddest eyes. That's when I knew that I just lost the man I love. Ryan pulled me away from the lifeless body before me and wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his chest as I gripped tightly on the front of his shirt.

After about thirty minutes of crying my eyes out, my phone rang. I picked it up to see it was the hospitals number. After accepting the call, I immediately wished I hadn't. I started crying even harder as I hung up the call.

"Ry, Chaz didn't make it."

"W-wh-what?"

"He's dead. Just like Jason."

Ryan to started crying. Not as hard as me, but he was still crying. I must have fallen asleep sometime because I awoke in a warm bed. Looking to my right, I noticed Ryan wasn't there, so I got up and went downstairs. He was in the kitchen talking on the phone but when he noticed me he ended the call.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped mine around his waist and rested my head on his chest.

"Avery, I'm gonna be honest, I am in love with you. You did not deserve what Jason did to you. The way he hurt you. You're amazing and he was the luckiest guy in the world to have your love. He should have realized that. I know you loved him and so I'll wait for you."

I had no idea what to say to that. Tears began to slowly slide down my cheeks as I tried to hold them back.

I've laid in my bed for two weeks straight. The only time I get up is to use the bathroom and shower. Ryan brings me food, but I barely eat it. I listen to my Justin Bieber playlist on repeat all day just so I can hear his voice. I know I'm slowly wasting away, but I don't think I can handle the pain.

Grabbing the bottle of whiskey I stole from the fridge, I crawled out of bed, and trudged to the dresser. I opened up the top drawer and pulled out Jason's gun. With the gun and whiskey in my hand I walked over to the window. I look out at the cloudy sky then lift the bottle to my lips and slide down the wall. I sit criss cross with the gun in my right hand and the whiskey in my left. Take a sip, cry, take a sip, cry.

After about five minutes of crying, I slowly lift the gun to my head. My finger is ready to pull the trigger when Ryan busts in. He ran to me, took the gun out of my hand easily, and attempted to take the whiskey bottle, but I wouldn't let go. He slides the gun to the other side of the room and he wraps his arms around my fragile body.

"Look, Avery, I lost my two best friends in one day. They were more like my brothers. Even with that, you don't see me giving up and I refuse to let you. Now you are GOING to get a shower and put on a dress then come downstairs and have a nice dinner with me. Understand?"

I didn't know Ryan could be so authoritative. It's kinda hot. Not as hot as Jason's bossiness but still hot. I nodded as he stood up and pulled me with him. He dragged me to the bathroom and turned the shower on then walked out closing the door behind him.

I stepped back and looked at myself in the mirror. You can't even tell how broken I am. I took a deep breath.

'Come on Averyanna. Jason didn't care about you so why care for him. Be happy with Ryan.'

I had to get myself psyched up before walking down those stairs for dinner. When I was finally ready, I stepped away from the mirror, put on a fake smile, and walked confidently down the stairs. Ryan was waiting in the dining room looking really sexy. I'm sure that's just the whiskey talking, but I'm way past caring.