Chapter Three

- Storm's POV -

I hopped into bed at 11pm and snuggled up close to all my teddy bears. I may be 16 but you're never too old to have millions of stuffed animals and teddies spread across your bed.

I always go to bed at 11pm no matter what day it is, but I never sleep. I'm what you would call 'a night owl'. My mum and dad usually shout at me for staying up all night but I love night time. The dark is so relaxing and better than light, and no I'm not a vampire..

I felt really tired though, so I closed my eyes for a second..

Suddenly I started to hear thumps and banging noises, I jumped up and grabbed my phone. I turned on the torch that is on the front of my phone and climbed out of bed. I shivered as my bare feet touched the cold wooden floor.

I tip toed out into the landing and looked around, the thumping was coming from downstairs. I was starting to feel scared, I'm not good with this sort of thing..

I climbed down the stairs still with my phone in my hand, then I seen a shadow pressed against the front door. I jumped and looked closer..

"Abbey?" I whispered. I ran down the stairs and up to the front door, she kept pointing to the door handle. I turned on the living room light and took my dad's front key to open the door for her.

"What's wrong?" I whispered, she looked a mess. Her make up was smeared all over her cheeks and even her forehead. She walked into my living room and I locked the front door again.

"Mum and dad split up" she said suddenly breaking down again, I widened my eyes and gave her a hug.

"I'm so sorry.. What's gonna happen now?" I asked as my lip trembled.. I'm not good with emotions.

"He's moving house next week, he is staying in my grandad's house at the minute.." She said wiping her eyes, I was surprised my family hadn't woke up yet at her loud out bursts of tears and screeching.

"Where is he moving too?.." I asked.

"Somewhere called Limavady.." She said looking down.

"I've never heard of it before" I said while thinking, she agreed.

"You can stay here for the night, if you like" I offered, she smiled.

"Thank you Storm, you'll always be one of my good friends" She said, then it hit me. I don't have many friends, if Abbey goes to live with her dad then I'll be alone..

I went in to the cupboard and got a big fluffy blanket for Abbey, she lay on the leather sofa and snuggled up with the blanket around her.

I jumped on to the other sofa and buried my face in the red pillows.