Chapter Six

- Luna's POV -

The black car stopped in front of our neighbours abandoned house, me and Trevor peeked out or living room window.

"The new neighbours are here!" Mum shouted as she speeded to the front door.

"What are you doing?!" I said looking over at her.

"I'm being nice, Luna. You should try it sometime" She said sharply as she walked out the front door and over to the black car. She waved for us to come out, I rolled my eyes.

I don't want to talk to new people please go away.

Trevor pulled me outside and over to where mum was standing.

"Hello there" The man getting out of the car said, he shook mums hand and smiled at us. Then a girl around my age got out of the back of the car, I looked over at her.

"You might finally make a friend" Trevor whispered into my ear, I shoved him and he tripped off the curb.

"Hi I'm Abbey, nice to meet you" The blonde girl said, she looked nice.

"Hi.. I-I'm Luna" I said stuttering as usual, Trevor laughed at me. I felt like crying.

"So, how long have you lived here?" She asked.

"We've always lived here" I said with a smile.

"I like your hair, it reminds me of my best friend" She said laughing, is that an insult or a complement?..

"Well I better go unpack, see you later Luna" Abbey said while dragging her suitcases into the front garden, I nodded and walked into the house.

"She seems lovely" Mum said closing the front door, I nodded slightly and walked upstairs to my room.

I don't know, I'm quite scared. I've had 'best friends' in the past and they all left me.. I'm worried. We might not even get to the point of being best friends, she already said she has one.

I jumped into bed and wrapped myself in millions of blankets. I'm always cold, it's really weird. Even in the summer and that time when me, Trevor and my dad went to Portugal.

"Luna what would you like for lunch?" Mum shouted up the stairs. Great, food. I don't like the condition of my body at the minute, I consider myself fat. But I'm the right weight for my age and height. I guess when I see these really thin pretty girls I think "I need to be like them" but they're all fake..

I don't know I have a weird mind, nothing makes sense.

"Nothing.." I whispered.