Chapter Twenty Seven

- Luna's POV -

The night was dragging along and it was only 10pm. Everyone was getting completely pissed out of their heads and I was hiding in the corner. People were sliding down the stairs on mattresses and there were some guys doing the Conga butt naked around the house.

I still couldn't find Abbey, and I was afraid to go look for her. I began making my way through the crowds of drunken teenagers and made my way to the garden.

"Luna come here!" Someone shouted, it was Abbey! Thank god!

"There you are! I couldn't find you!" I shouted as I stumbled over to her in my large heels, she was standing with a few boys.

As I approached them I saw that they were all smoking, then something flicked in my mind..

~ flash back ~

I was 8 years old and it was late at night, I couldn't sleep and Trevor was already snoring so I decided to go downstairs for a walk. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I looked through the living room to see the kitchen door slightly open, but me being a child I didn't think of burglars or anything like that, so I walked up to it.

I peeked out the back door and saw my mum standing in the corner of the garden.

"Mum? What are you doing?" I asked, she jumped at my voice and turned around, then I realised she was smoking.. I didn't know she smoked, or she never told me that she did. And I'm quite a smart kid so I knew this was a bad thing, I looked at her in disgust and anger. I began screaming and crying, she ran over to me and told me it wasn't a big deal and that it was only one cigarette but I knew the dangers.

This is when I began feeling a lot of anger towards people, especially my mum. And since then I had been taking fits to stop her. And she eventually did.

~ flash back end ~

"Here have a cig" One of the drunk boys said handing me one, I gave him it back.

"'No thank you" I said quietly, the laughed and Abbey looked at me.

"What?.. Are you a chicken?" He said, I stared at him angrily.

"I don't smoke" I said bluntly, Abbey chuckled.

"Why? It's just a cigarette. Everybody smokes" She said turning away from me, she was holding onto one of the boys because she was really drunk. I walked off quickly.

"Bye chicken!" One of them shouted. I returned to the house, filled with anger. I kept seeing my mum smoking in the garden in my mind, it was driving me insane.

The music was full volume now and everyone was jumping up and down.

"Hey baby" Someone said behind me, I widened my eyes and turned around. It was a guy who was clearly drunk, he looked around 17 years old.

"You're looking lovely tonight" He said slurring his words, my anxiety was flying high.

"Why don't we go upstairs for a chat?.." He said taking my hand, I pulled away and pushed through the crowds, he followed me.

"Please!!" He shouted, but he couldn't catch up with me. I was running so fast I didn't look where I was going and I bumped into a girl who looked like Barbie she fell over and hit the ground.

"You bitch! Why did you push me over huh??!" She screamed, her friends helped her up and they crowded around me, I looked around quickly.

"Well??!" She shouted over the music, I ran in the opposite direction and found a small room which looked like a cupboard? I didn't know what to do.

I grabbed my phone from my purse and called Storm.

- Storm's POV -

I'm alone, no one needs me, no one likes me, no one loves me. Why the fuck am I still alive.

I was home alone, once again and my mind was racing with suicidal thoughts. I had enough.

I ran up to my bedroom and grabbed my box with my weapons, I lifted the sharp blade which I promised to never use. I sat down on my bed and held it to my wrist, counting to three..

I was interrupted by my phone, Luna was calling me. I dropped the blade by accident and lifted my phone.

"Yeah?" I said.

"S-storm help me!!" She screamed, I stood up from my bed.

"What's wrong?!" I shouted, I could hear her breathing heavily down the phone.

"I'm at some party a-and there is alcohol and smoking and people trying to hurt me I need help!" She screamed again, I thought of the parties going on tonight and suspected that it was Conor's birthday party, as Abbey is close friends with him.

"I'm coming!!" I screamed while running out of my bedroom, and down the stairs.