CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

(Justin's Pov)

"Man, I can't believe it." Ryan chuckled from the seat he was laid out on, a bottle of beer in his hand.

"For real," Jaxon snorted from the large recliner chair he was sat on.

"I never thought I'd see the day." Fredo chuckled beside me. 

I rolled my eyes, rubbing my temples. The four us were in my private, forgotten cinema room. We were having a guy's night, watching the big game while sipping away on our beers and snacking on corn chips.

"You're so pussy whipped." Ryan said and the three burst out into laughter. 

At first, my idea was to only invite over Alfredo my good friend that I, like a dick, had shut myself off from. There was no valid reason as to why I had done that. Simply for the fact I no longer felt like I could trust him, reason being he was somewhat close friends to Gracie. Stupid theories and ideas of him helping or having something to do with Gracie leaving managed to build in my mind.

And then last night when I was cuddled up next to Ava on the couch, hearing her share stories about her close friend Sasha, I thought of Ryan. Inevitably thinking of Fredo. The same man who had been a close friend of mine for a long time 'til I stupidly shut him out.

Remorse filled me later that night when I realized my mistake. I had shut him out for no reason and inwardly accused him for something I knew he had nothing to do with. So, I slipped out of bed that night and decided to man up and call him.

Awkward would be the best way to describe how the conversation went, but in the end I earned back my friend. We made plans and I invited him over to watch the game. He agreed and then I hit up Ryan and decided to invite Jaxon. Annoying at times, but he was still my brother.

Now here we were, in my private cinema room that I hadn't used for years. The ceiling was high, lights were hanging on the wall, large, comfortable chairs that swallowed your body were placed in rows and a large, 100-inch screen TV hung on the wall in-front of us.

It was room a I needed to make use of more often.

"Shut the hell up," I grumbled, taking a swing from my beer. 

"It's the truth, man." Ryan snorted.

"It's not like you can talk, you're worse than I am." I sneered at him. He shrugged his shoulders, grinning. I head Fredo and Jaxon roar with laughter from another stupid side comment they had said.

"And shut the hell up you two. You're both a bunch of sad asses that will die alone." I muttered and took another gulp from my bottle. 

"Yo, shit, calm your ass, Bass." Fredo laughed. I shot him a glare, harshly crunching down the Dorito chip in my mouth. Tangy cheese. 

"Don't get your knickers in a twist." Jaxon joined in.

"Simmer down." Ryan tossed in.

I grounded my teeth together, feeling a wave of annoyance hit me from my loud mouthed friends.

"Or, calm your -"

"- God, do you guys ever shut the fuck up?" I sunk back down in my seat, finally hearing silence in response. I closed my eyes for a brief second, feeling their eyes on me. 

"We're just kidding man, you know that." Ryan sighed, making me open my eyes and shoot him a glare.

"We are, bro, just a little one on three banter." Jaxon said in agreement.

"We're happy for you, if anything." Fredo joined in. I licked my lips, shaking my head at them.

"I know your playing about, but fuck sake you piss me off." I exhaled. They murmured in agreement.