Chapter 41

As the weeks passed, the wedding now a beautiful memory, the Pride grew anxious. Shanni was now a month pregnant, her belly was slightly extended now. But, I was sure it was due to the amount of food she was eating and not the bundle of joy she carried inside of her. It was ridiculous the amount she ate. The Pride had to hunt more frequently now because of her appetite and the developing one of Kiara's.

Kiara's pregnant belly was still very much flat as she was only three weeks along. She was beyond thrilled to know she was carrying yet another royal. Kovu was ecstatic, he'd hoped for another boy to continue the bloodline and raise him to be humble and kind just as he had done with little Zuri. Kiara forever longs for a girl. She kept joking about how, if it were to be a girl, she'd be just like her as Nafari was arrogant like Kovu was in his youth and Zuri was timid as her brother before her. She wanted a little girl to be as wild as she described she was in her cub days.

"Just think, a little girl with your eyes and my complexion running around Pride Rock," she cooed resting her head on Kovu's shoulder, careful not to hit Nafari in the process. Kovu chuckled and gave Kiara's cheek a quick lick.

"I'd rather not imagine another miniature you," he joked. Kiara laughed but pulled away from his touch and swatted at him making Zuri laugh in between her paws.

"I'd love to see that," I encouraged, making Kiara smile proudly and Kovu to roll his eyes.

"You say that now," Vitani said at my side. She was glowing with our little ones suckling at her side. They were four months old now.

"I was not that bad!" Kiara argued, slightly disturbing her boys resting between Kovu's paws. She looked down and gave their bodies soft licks before turning her attention back towards Vitani.

"From what I remember, you were a paw-ful," Vitani said crossing her paws.

"You're one to talk," Kovu said, cocking his brow stretching the scar on his left eye. It had started to heal slightly, which was odd, but it was a relief to everyone as the scar was not one earned in a fair fight.

"Shut up, little brother," Vitani teased with her eyes narrowed. Kovu smiled at my mate with a hum before he rested his head on Kiara's back. Kiara giggled and gave Kovu a small kiss on the cheek and then placed her head on her small paws.

"Afternoon everyone," Shanni announced. I flicked my head in her direction and smiled at her belly. Her twins close behind her slow and careful steps.

"You seem cheerful," Vitani said looking at her sister up and down. I shoved her softly with my shoulder. She groaned and looked up at me with a fake angered expression before she rested her head on me. I smiled and licked behind her ear.

"My morning sickness is finally gone," Shanni informed us with a bright smile. I chuckled at her enthusiasm and watched as she carefully rested herself onto the ground. Her stomach grazed the ground just barely. "Where are Mheetu and Shyra?"

"They went to hunt with Beba," Shanira said, her long legs walking towards us with her three not-so-little little ones running beside her.

"Daddy said he's gonna help bring a whole giraffe!" Muna cheered laying down on top of her mothers back. It was incredible just how much they looked alike.

"Sweetie, we don't eat giraffe," Shanira reminded little Muna. She opened her mouth to retaliate but then closed it and smiled widely.