Chapter 6

Vitani's P.O.V

The morning sun was blazing and it felt as if my back were minutes from being burned. "VItani, pay attention. " Tama scolded me. I roll my eyes, she's not my mother she can't tell me what to do. "Vitani!" I turn around a see a very mad Nala.

What did I do now?

"You completely missed the chance to attack!" I look around and all the females are mad, even Dottie, one of the many female Outsiders that I grew up with, is pissed off. "I don't see why I must be the one that always makes the kill. "I frown.

It's true. It's always me that has to bring down the animal.

Always.

"Because you are the best huntress here. " Tama interjects. She's a very beautiful PrideLander, a slightly darker fur than mine, hazel eyes and, surprisingly, a small hair tuft. "That may be the case, but I can't always do it. " "You've never complained before. " I again roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Vitani?" I look up at Tama her hazel eyes instantly calming me down and making me feel as if she could make everything better.

Not exactly sure why.

"Yes?" She opened her mouth to say something but then closed it and said never mind. I again roll my eyes and I crouch down close to the ground flicking my ears back.

I make sure every muscle in my body is moving in silence, these wildebeests are stupid, but they have stupidly amazing hearing. My exposed claws dig into the dirt and once I'm a foot away from the weak one

"Rah!" I groan as I pounce in-front of the animal. It makes an odd noise and takes off.

My favorite part.

Once he is distracted Tama jumps in front of it and Nala takes his left flank next to me. The other lionesses circle him while I make my way towards the front and once he seems to not be paying attention....I strike.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..--.-.-.-.-.-.-.--...-.-.-..-.-..-..-.--.-..-.-.-.-.-..-.---.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-
After devouring most of the corpse I take what's left over and I walk over to my father, Scar's, old home.

Where I used to live.

"Morning rouge. " I mumble with my mouth full of the exquisite meat. He stands and greets me with a soft morning.

"I brought you this. " I mumble again as I place the food on the floor and I lick my lips to clean the blood off. "Thank you. " He smiles and he eats the four chunks I brought him.

Once he's done he licks his paws clean and he shakes making his golden brown mane look majestic.

I'm such a weirdo.

"So um training starts today. Come along. " I say as I hunch over and I walk over to the other exit of the cave. "Why do you walk like that?" he asks when he catches up. "Like what?" I ask "you hunch your back and lower your head. Why?" I look up and realize his eyes are a beautiful olive color. "There's no reason. I was just taught to walk in a certain manner. " And because my mother made sure I was never above her.

Literally.

The walk to the waterhole was quiet and quick. "Alright, first lesson. You need to learn how to relax. You can't be tense while hunting the animal you're trying to catch will sense it and you and your pride will starve. " He raises an eyebrow "I have no pride to hunt for. " I roll my eyes "I know that, but when you do. " He chuckles and I see his tail twitch with anticipation. "How do I relax?" "By not over thinking it. " I say as I sit straight and I close my eyes.

I can feel his stare. "You need to close your eyes Tanabi. " I say as I open one of my own. "Oh, right. Sorry. " He apologizes and he closes both of his dazzling green eyes. "Try to feel the land. Listen to it. Smell it. Learn every sense and sound, that will become your advantage. " I say as I open my eyes and see that his lips are slightly parted and I can tell that he's really trying.