Chapter 28

Haunani P.O.V.
He forgot.

How could he forget? It's ma's anniversary and he forgot. Papa always said that if we forgot about ma, she'd be upset when we see her again in the sky. I sighed and rested my bum on the warm ground to rest my paws for a bit. I've been walking for a while now and I have no idea where I am going. Just then my tummy began to rumble and I placed my tiny paw on it.

"I really wish I had something to eat." I whispered to myself and then heard the sound of something small hitting the ground. My head shot up as did my ears and my green eyes landed on a plump field mouse. I smiled to myself before going into pouncing position, something I've learned while watching Tanabi hunting, and crawled up close to the mouse before I clamped my jaws into it and successfully killing it. I smiled to myself again and began to tear away at the tiny meal.

Once I finished I licked my lips and sighed. I'm all alone in this odd jungle like place.

"Might as well continue walking, there's nothing left for me back home. " I whispered and then got up and continued my endless walk to nowhere.

As I continued to walk I felt a bit dirty due to the mud on my paws and blood on my face. I groaned feeling my paws ache with every step I took.

'Maybe if I find a waterhole I could clean off there and rest for the night'. I thought as the stars came out to play. I lifted my nose into the air and picked up on the scent of water. I grinned and followed my nose until I finally came across a small waterhole looking thing.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Tanabi's P.O.V.
"Haunani!"I yelled into the night for what seemed like the one hundredth time. I perked up my ears but heard nothing, not even a squeak from the purple spotted cub.

"You're going to lose your voice before we find the child. Keep it down, we don't know what's out there. " Malka reprimanded with his chest puffed out and ears erect. He's a very masculine male, I've learned that he is one of Simba and Nala's friends as a cub including Tojo, Chumvi, Tama, and Kula.

"We will have to rest here for the night, Tojo and I have scouted the entire perimeter, we should be safe." Chumvi spoke coming from the tall grass with Tojo behind him.

"Rest? What do you mean rest? My son is still out there." Beba boomed looking older than ever before. The loss of his son has taken out the worst in him.

"Beba, we've been walking since early this morning. We must rest to have energy in the morning." Tojo explained while lying down on the dusty plains. Malka and Chumvi did the same as they rested next to Tojo.

"Maybe we can continue walking." I whispered to Beba catching both Kovu and Mheetu's attention. They nodded and rested their bodies on the ground along with Beba and I. When The Guards fall asleep we will continue our search.

"Psst, Tana! Psst!" I heard a tiny whisper call my name and for a second I could have sworn it was Haunani but reality is stronger than fantasy.

"MK? What are you doing here?" I asked in a harsh whisper causing my friends to turn their heads and glare at the small bat.

"Did you really think I was just going to stay home while my buddy is lost?" He asked while flapping his huge wings and landed in front of me while gasping for air.

"Actually, yes, that is exactly what I wanted you to do. MK, this isn't a game now go home before you end up getting hurt." I advised while shoving him with my paw only for him to rise into the air and land on my head.

"Listen, I am a part of this pride and I intend on helping whether you like it or not." He huffed and I sighed.

"Alright, fine. But if you slow us down-"