Chapter 16

"Kopa?" I look to my right and a tiny lion cub crawls closer.

"Kopa." She questions again but this time she's more sure that it's me.

"Kiara what are you doing here?" I flip to rest on my stomach rather than my back. 

"I wanted to staw gaze with you." Her voice is so innocent and her lisp makes it hard for me to decline her sweet offer. 

"Alright, but you can't tell mom and dad." 

"Otay." She giggles and crawls in between my paws. I look down at her and she's so beautiful, I have fallen in love with my little sister and I can't wait to give her the thrown, I don't want to be king, I want to live. 

I want to be able to stand in the back while I watch my sister rule and her children run around the place as I babysit them and make sure her husband is the best damn thing in her life. I can't wait for the day my parents mistakenly give me the thrown when in reality, Kiara would make the perfect queen. She's headstrong and independent even at such a young age. 

Kiara would make the perfect queen. 

"Look up the stars, what do you see?" I ask looking up at the stars now, mesmerized by their beauty. 

"I see a bunny." She smiles, her cheeks swallowing her eyes in the most adorable way. 

"Do you know the story behind the stars?" She turns her gaze to me and she shakes her head still smiling.

"They are The Great Kings Of The Past, they watch over us and one day daddy with become a star. Mufasa is the brightest one, do you see it?" Her red-brown eyes search the sky and stop at the second star to the right. 

"Hi gwandpa." I can't help but smile myself. 

"The one right next to him, that's Scar." She furrows her brows by my words. 

"He was hurt, I think he was the way he was because he wasn't happy. I think that when you are done walking on the lands you are made into a star. Good or bad." 

"I like to heaw you talk." 

"I like to see you smile. Oh! Look Kiara! Fireflies."  I sit up and place her on my back so she can see them more clearly. 

"Oh!" Her lips form an 'O' shape when a firefly lands on her node and I smile. I love her so much. 

"Make a wish." I whisper. 

"I wish for Scar's happiness." The moment she finishes speaking the tiny glowing bug flutter away. 

"That was a very lovely wish." She giggles and snuggles into my back as she drifts off to sleep and I catch myself doing the same. 

-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-..-.--..-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-...-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.

This time I don't wake up drenched in sweat or gasping for air. I wake up with a smile on my face and a reason to look forward for this new day. 

"Rise and shine!" I hear Beba yell like he does every morning. 

"Morning." He looks at me for any sign of distress and when he doesn't he smiles. 

"I'm guessing you either slept well or had a dirty dream." I throw my head back with laughter at the way his brain works. 

"It was a nice dream." He raises a brow and I laugh again "not like that you pervert." He laughs and it's a nice sound, I have never heard him laugh before.