Chapter 23

Vitani hasn't shown her face around here for the past two days. The pain I feel in my chest is inevitable, it feels as if she took a part of me when she ran away. I am truly, madly, deeply in love with Vitani. I said it, there. You happy? I'm not! The love of my life is somewhere in Africa probably pissed off at me for not chasing after her. I groan and flop my body onto the ground and cover my face with my paw.

"Ow! I. Can't. Breathe. "

"Huh?" I remove my paw from my face and notice something with spots squirm from under my hind leg.

"Oh my God!" I yell and quickly stand to my feet. I had thrown my body onto Muna without noticing. "Muna, sweetheart I am so sorry. " I apologize and nudge her small body with my nose and help her up. She stumbled a bit but when she shook her fur I knew that she was alright.

"Haha you're fat!" She giggled and jumped up and clung to my snout.

"Well, you're nice. " I muffled only causing the cute toddler to giggle even more. She and her twin brother turned three a few days ago and tomorrow it's Haunani's so he turns seven. They grew so much in the little amount of time I've been with them.

"Alright, Squeaker I think uncle Tanabi has had enough of that. " Mheetu says as he carefully removes the cub from my snout. Muna growls and leaps at him but when a butterfly flutters by she chases after it and disappears into the flock of lions.

"Thanks. " Mheetu looked at me then walked away, he's still mad at me for pushing him and whatever. It's not my fault I chose Vitani over Shanni. Speaking of Shanni, she has had nightmares of that night and every once in a while she stops breathing and Mheetu has to shake her awake and she restores her ability to breathe. We think when Vitani slammed her, the couple of times that she did, it damaged her back and lungs. Tama and Tojo are upset about the whole thing and I really hate that they are blaming their daughter for all of this mishap.

It's their fault for even bringing it up! What did they except from an ex OutLander?! To embrace them and everything would be fine and dandy?! No that didn't happen and it will never happen! I groan once more and let my head hang and my eyes begin to move from side to side to try and figure out a place where Vitani would go to be alone. But, my thoughts are interrupted by Kovu.

"Don't worry about it, my sister will come around sooner or later. " He assures with vibrant emerald eyes.

"How are you so calm about all of this? She's more yours than anyone else in this place. "

"Vitani is brave and all but she would never go someplace where she doesn't have an advantage. Keep that in mind and you'll find her sooner or later. " This boy is much younger than me and he's a lot wiser than I will ever be. I think he has spent too much time with Simba. Yeah, that's probably it.

I sat on the warm ground and continued to ponder Kovu's words. Where could Vitani be?

"Ha-ha, my brother used to scrunch up his nose when he thought too." I flicked my ears towards the sound of Kiara's voice and my eyes followed soon after.

"Sorry, I just...I am trying to figure out where Vitani could be." I try to explain and her cute smile appears on her face. I can't help but look over at her tummy, she's due any day now.

"She has always been drawn to the dark. So she's probably at the OutLands. " Of course! Why didn't I think about that?!

"That's right! Thank you, Kiara!" I nuzzle her and lick her nose before taking off in the opposite direction. I am headed to the famous OutLands.

-.-..-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-..--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-...-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-