9.) Butterflyz

TANYA
Same day

"What are you doing here?" I asked Ron once I made it back to the table. "Heard you were performing.. ain't wanna miss it."

He answered looking at Nina then back at me. "I wish you would've asked at least.." I said picking up my bag and headed towards the exit, with them following.

"You mad?" He asked grabbing my arm causing me to stop in my tracks. "No.." I sighed, "What did you think of it?" I asked nervously.

"I think you deserve a reward." He stated in a serious manner and I smiled. "You do boo, you were great, just like I told you!" Nina complimented as she hugged me.

"Thank you." I said and she winked at me. "No problem, but I think thas' my brother car, so I'ma follow behind him." She informed and I nodded.

"They didn't watch with you?" I asked Ron, "They just stood in to make sure da place was safe then they left out ta' smoke and talk."
He said as we walked towards his Lexus.

"Strange.." I mumbled climbing into the passenger seat.

"You'll get used ta' stuff like dat' soon." He assured and I just grew silent as I listened to Erykah Badu play softly on the radio.

Bag Lady was my favorite. "You wanna spend da night at my spot?" He asked stopping at the red light.

"Since we're down here, I'm fine with that." I replied sending a text to Nina to let her know.

"Can we eat at Wendy's?" I asked in a baby voice. "Whatever you want." He commented taking ahold of my hand, which caught me off guard.

"Yo pops came by my crib like a week ago, nigga almost lost his life, I'm tryna be nice." He informed in a menacing tone.

"What he wanted?" I asked hesitant, "To find out yo dorm info, nigga was drunk as hell." He explained and I shook my head, it never gets old..

"Wasn't always like this." I said more to myself but I'm sure he heard me. "Doesn't matter." He stated and I sighed.

"I know." I whispered, "I know.."

The ride to Wendy's was pretty silent, I think we both were drifting in our own thoughts and just wanted to silently enjoy each other's company.

It's been a while since we actually spent time together, college took up most of my life, I wasn't mad about that, but I still wanted free time.

The dine in area was closed since it was going on twelve, but since Monica happened to be working a double she let us in anyways.

"You plan on becoming an singer?" Monica asked as she approached our booth in the back. "I'm hoping.. if not I'll just sing for fun or do small gigs.."

I told her honestly and she smiled.

"You are an amazing being, whatever God has planned for you, know it's already done." She preached before she walked away to take an order in drive thru.

"You think I'll even get that far?" I asked Ron as I took one of his fries since I ate all my food and my frosty.

"If you put yo mind to it and really want it, you'll get it." He assured with a small smile and I felt a tingle in my stomach.

"If I ever become famous will you leave me?" I asked, I don't know why that came to my mind, but it did.

"Nah, you stuck wit' me shorty, rather you want to be or not." He advised and I blushed if that was possible.

"Good to know." I added eating more of his fries, he laughed and just pushed his tray my way. "Sorry, I wasn't trying to eat all your food."

I informed but he waved it off. "I've been eating since twelve dis afta'noon, you eating my fries ain't hurting me, trust me."