12.) How Come You Don't Call Me?

TANYA
April 20th, same day.

"How you like it here?" Nina asked as we got escorted into the room for facials. Ron and August went half on a full spa day for us and dinner, since they were gonna be busy.

But they made sure they had security watching us, it's annoying but I don't mind as much.

"It's good, it gives me a break everything else." I answered as the lady gave us warm robes to put on.

She left out and we both undressed and slid on our robes.

"I'm glad ta' hear dat." She replied smiling genuinely and I returned the gesture.

We got comfortable in the chairs and that's when there was a knock at the door then it opened and two older black ladies walked in.

"Ready?" They asked and we both nodded.
"Your brother actually spoke to me." I blurted out after a few moments of silence.

We were getting an illuminating facial, it was supposed to give us a glow and have our skin looking hella hydrated.

"I told you he didn't have a pro'lem wit you, he jus' needed to fill you out." She informed and I nodded with my eyes closed as the lady applied the stuff on my face.

"I see dat now." I mumbled and she laughed softly. "How are things with Ron and you? I noticed a few hickies on your neck when you came in my room."

She stated and I could picture her grinning. "We're good, he's good to me and he actually respects me." I told her honestly, "I'm happy for y'all."

She said and I cheesed widely. "Careful." The lady said and I quickly straighten my face. "Have you've been writing since you been here?" She asked.

"No, I came here to separate from everything remember?" I said, "Your writing isn't anything negative though, but I understand."

She stated softly, we fell into a comfortable silence until we finished up our facials.

After that, we got a De-Stress body massage that lasted 35 minutes, then we headed to another room to get mani and pedis.

After that we were gonna get a Brazilian wax, eyebrow wax, under arm wax and then we were gonna get dinner after we got back to our room and showered.

So So Seafood Bar & Grill

"Do you know what you wanna a order?" She asked looking over the menu. "Yeah, everything sounds good." I told her as I looked at the menu.

"It does, honestly." She said as our waitress came to our table. Once we ordered our drinks we finished talking and then finally order our food.

"I'll just have the Lobster stir fry and a side of fries." I told her and she wrote it down, "I'll have da same, plus some honey glazed wings.. all wings and 8 of dem ta be exact."

Nina told her and I laughed quietly. "Will that be all?" She asked and we both nodded. She gathered our menus then walked away leaving us to continue our conversation.

"Next year is our last year of college are you excited?" She asked picking up a roll. "Yes, I'm ready to see what the future holds." I answered and she smiled.

"Absolutely agree." She said examining the restaurant. "Do you ever get scared?" I asked and she looked at me confused.

"Of?" She questioned, "Your brother occupation.. does it ever make you nervous?" I asked, she waved it off.