Ch. 44 Nightmares

Meg's POV

Today just seems out of place. Different in a way, maybe it's just me. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked in the mirror. There were bags under my eyes as a reminder I didn't sleep last night. Last night just wasn't my night. Sleep was hard to find and once I did fall asleep I had nightmares. And they weren't your usual nightmares. They were of my dad.

The worst part of the night was that I made Jc go through it with me. I'd wake up screaming or crying and that only woke up Jc. I tried leaving but Jc wouldn't have it. He said that if I left he would just follow me because he wanted to be there for me. Which I didn't understand. Especially since that boy loves sleep more then anything. "Babe?" Jc's raspy morning voice filled the room. "In the bathroom" I said.

I walked out of the bathroom and back to bed. Jc laid awake in bed waiting for me. I laid back in bed and looked at him. Bags were under his eyes. I felt bad, he was tried and it was my fault. "It's not your fault if anything it's mine okay. I decided to stay right here by your side because I love you" he said as if he was reading my mind. I sighed and hide my face in his chest. "I love you more" I said into his chest. "What were the dreams about?" He finally asked. I knew this question was coming. The only people that knew about the nightmares were Kian, Vivian, Sam, and Casey.

"My dad" I said. "What was he like?" Jc asked. "My dad he was very special to me, he loved me to bits.." As I talked my eyes became watery. I sat up and so did Jc. "Babe you don't have to" he said. "He was a wise and inspiring man. Drew really liked him, they got along so well and I guess you could say I was a daddy's girl I spent every minute I could with him. One day on his way to pick me up from practice, a drunk driver crushed right into him. By the time he got to the hospital he had lost a lot of blood." I said as I cried. Jc pulled me into his lap.

"By the time I got to the hospital, I was to late. He was gone, he was dead and it was my fault. I didn't get to say goodbye. My dad, he was gone and it was my fault." I cried into his chest. He rubbed my back. "It wasn't your fault" he said. "You don't understand, if it wasn't for me he would've never been on that road. Maybe if I was fast enough I would've gotten to say goodbye." I said in between sobs. "Meg I don't think you understand. We all lose someone, it hurts us all some more then others. But this isn't your fault, I bet you he wouldn't be to happy if he knew your blaming yourself for his death. I also bet he's so proud of you. Look at you, you've become an amazing girl and I am lucky to have you in my life." He said kissing my forehead.

I looked up at him. "I love you" I said before placing a kiss on his jaw. "Come on let's get some sleep" he said.

Jc's POV

After a few minutes Meg was knocked out. As she slept I creased her check, she hadn't slept all night neither could I. I wanted to keep her safe, so most of the time I watched her sleep. I liked watching her sleep, it was soothing to know she was okay and that she was going to get over this.

After about a hour later I pulled her closer because she began to whimper but she continued to sleep. But besides her whimpers it seemed like she was finally going to get some sleep. And knowing she was okay let me finally get some sleep.

*~* Few hours later

I woke up to knocking coming from the door. I got making sure I didn't wake up Meg. I opened the door as I rubbed my eyes. In the doorway stood Kian, I looked at him with a raised brow. "What up Kian" I said with a yawn. "You two weren't up so I got worried" he said. "We didn't get much sleep last night, Meg was having nightmares" I said. "Can I talk to her?" "Not right now she's sleeping and I was thinking we could take her later to cemetery where dad is barred" I said. "She told you?" he said shocked "Yeah, so I was thinking you could call up Sam and the girl to make sure there ready" I said. He nodded and let me get back to sleep.