Hermione Granger- Homework (a)

You scanned the barren parchment that sat in front of you, not a single drop of ink was on it. You let out a heavy sigh and slumped into the chair, practically disappearing under the table.

"I'm never going to finish McGonagall's homework... how could you possibly write 12 inches on turning a frog into stone." You sat back up and looked across the table to Hermione, who was just adding the finishing touches to her paper, she added one last full stop before placing the quill to the side and closing her copy of 'Metamorphosis: Transfiguration for beginners'.

"Well... maybe if you didn't start it 10 minutes before her lesson, you wouldn't be in such a mess now would you Y/N."

You repeated what Hermione had said, but in a mocking voice, pulling various strange faces as you did so, tapping your dry quill against the parchment, with your head rested in your other hand.

"Look Y/N, stop being such a child just because you know I'm right."

She placed a ruler next to her parchment, her smug grin turned to a look of awe and shock... "huh, only 10 inches... I'm sure when I measured it out yesterday I was well over thirteen. There's no way that I measured it incorrectly." She pulled the ruler away and tried again.

"No... this isn't right, Y/N, let me borrow your ruler, this one is clearly faulty."

"Hermione, look at who you are asking and what you are asking them for. I was lucky to remember a quill today, I don't have a ruler."

She rolled her eyes and frantically searched around for a new ruler, repeatedly running her hands through her hair.

"Well..." you sat back up in your chair, "maybe if you didn't do it with..." you pulled your pocket watch out from a deep breast pocket "... three minutes to go you might not be in such a mess, would you now Hermione."

"Oh... shut up Y/N... I've been working on this all bloody day... three minutes?!"

She frantically packed away her various items of stationary into the pockets of her robe, she then rolled up all ten inches of her transfiguration homework before running into the corridors.

"Oi Y/N..." you heard a voice call out from behind you, turning around you saw Dean with his nose in a textbook "... shouldn't you of told her McGonagall's class is cancelled?"

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Requested by