Sirius Black- Camping (a)

"This is fucking stupid." The spluttering fire cast dancing shadows across his face and the smoke coming from it melded with the smoke escaping from his cigarette.

"Come on man, you said that you love camping." He laughed and flicked what was now a finger nail size nub of a cigarette into the fire.

"I love running away and some of the consequences of running away are having to sleep rough, but this isn't camping. As soon as the disposable barbecue comes out it just becomes an uncomfortable garden party.

"Well, come on, I'm sure we can find something that we both find fun, I think I have monopoly in the tent."

"Don't you dare. You know what happened last time, I still don't think Remus has forgiven me, that little shithead."

"We can smoke?" Sirius was already rolling up a new cigarette.

"Well I do enjoy smoking." He talked as he used his wand to ignite the end of his freshly made cigarette. "But I do feel like I could just be doing that at home, maybe on a sofa instead of a tree stump and not sleeping outside. To be completely honest y/n, it smells like dragon shit and I would rather be in Azkaban."

"If you don't want to stay Sirius, then just go, but maybe he can convince you to stay." You gestured out to the tree line and Remus stepped forward.

"No, I don't forgive you for the monopoly or the uno incident." Sirius stood up and they met each other with open arms and wide smiles.

"You weren't lured into this sad attempt at a fun weekend were you?"

"I was, but I was given the task of making it a bit less shit." From out of thin air Remus produced a hefty case of alcohol, much to the amusement of Sirius.

"Well well, looks like it may not be so bad after all. I still say I'll be able to do this at home, but it's nice to see you."

"It's nice to see you too padfoot." He sat on a log on the other side of the fire.

"Oh no, I was talking to the beer." It didn't take long before hands were diving in and the crate had emptied, just as the sun arose, highlighting a fire that was now ash, and three very, very hungover marauders who would awake with regret and confusion.

~*~

Written by Aaron.