7

Alex woke up to the sound of the door closing. She opened her eyes slowly, realizing she was in bed alone. She took a deep breath, rolling onto her stomach. She didn't entirely mind Nathan not being there, it meant more space for her. She stretched out and dosed back off. She woke up a little while later to the sound of the TV. She rolled onto her back, bumping into Nathan.

"Enough sleep?" He teased.

She shook her head as she sat up beside him. "Never."

"I've gotten ready for my practice, went to it, came back from it, cleaned up after it, and watched an hour of Food Network and you slept." He listed, tossing an arm around her.

She leaned into him. "I need my sleep."  She stated.

"Yeah, you live such a hard life." He mocked.

"Putting up with you is pretty hard." She smirked.

"So, what should we do today?" He asked, pressing his lips to the side of her head. She shrugged. "Anything you want."

"I'm completely content with doing this all day." She explained as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Then it's set. We stay in bed all day." He declared and wrapped his other arm around her.

For the next three hours, after Alex had showered, they laid around in bed. Their day consisted of watching Food Network and planning on making the things being cooked, or taking trips to the restaurants shown. Nathan also took the liberty of ordering room service. He had to beg his parents first, but when he lied, saying Alex wanted it, they gave in.

They were cuddled together, per usual. Alex was sitting up while Nathan used her as a pillow. She played with his hair, something that had become a habit between them. A knock on the door caused the couple to growl in sync. He looked up at her, trying to plead her into getting the door. She laughed, shaking her head at him. He sighed and rose, walking to the door. He opened it to reveal his teammates.

"What?" Nathan spat.

"We're going to wander. Do you two wanna come?" Mack asked.

Nathan shook his head. "I was just about to go for a nap." He confessed. He looked over at Alex who looked interested. "Do you want to go with them?"

"If you're staying here, I'll stay with you." She said.

"Al, if you wanna go check shit out, it's fine." He told her.

"Okay, then I'll go." She smiled, standing up. "Just let me change."

Nathan smiled at her. She went to her suitcase, grabbing clothes, before she made her way to the washroom. He turned back to the guys outside of his room. He stepped forward, closing the door. His smile had fallen. He looked demon-like.

"I swear to god, if anyone talks about girls before Alex, or makes passes at her, or an-"

"You realize Alex is like my little sister, right?" Stefan cut him off.

"We all respect her and you too much to pull that shit." Darcy added.

Jo rolled his eyes, grabbing Nathan's shoulder. "Give the guy a break. He's barely without her. He's bound to be a little crazy protective."

Alex finished getting ready. She walked over to her suitcase, putting her clothes in it, before she looked to the door. The closed door. She slid on a pair of sandals as she walked towards the door. She grabbed Nathan's Mooseheads jacket as she did so, sliding it on. She opened the door. Jo was grabbing Nathan's shoulder while all the other guys were staring at them. She furrowed her brows.