✺SEQUEL: Part (V)

SEQUEL: Chapter 5:
Take Off Your Pants 👖

MIKAELA'S POINT OF VIEW:

The painting was realistic, yet showed a sense of style to it. Just by ogling at it, made a million different emotions mix within my psyche. It made me feel like I was on an euphoric vacation and in a tempestuous rainstorm at the same time. It was watercolour, yet somehow, every colour was precise and was blended quite perfectly.

Yuu-chan has always been such an amazing painter.

I wasn't really sure why I was staring at a romantic painting of both me and him that he painted when we were dating. Sometimes, I would take it out from underneath my bed and just gaze longingly at it for hours. Maybe it was because I missed him— Or maybe I was just in love with the way we used to be.

One thing is for sure, though. We weren't the same as we were before. Both of us have changed over the years; and for the worst at that, as sad as the truth may be.

When my door creaked open, I jumped as the painting fell from my hands. I didn't want anyone catching me while I stared at it like a creep. I'm just a lovesick puppy that is trying to move on, yet it seemed as if I was incapable of doing so. Augustus was enough to heal my loneliness, though.

"What are you looking at?" Ferid raised a superbly, tweezed eyebrow as he stalked towards me. He looked at the expression on my face suspiciously, before he snatched the painting from the ground and gazed at it.

"Ahh, I see~" Ferid simpered before the bed dipped as he sat next to me. "You still aren't over him. I thought you moved on with your new boyfriend?" He pinched my cheek. "Augustus wouldn't be too happy to hear that you've been staring at a painting of you and your ex-lover."

"Fuck off." I muttered as I grabbed the painting and slid it underneath my bed. "I don't want to hear what you have to say. Just leave me alone." I frowned at him before walking out of the room. I was hesitant to head downstairs, in fear that I'd run into Asuramaru or Yuu-chan, but I went downstairs anyway. Whenever I came into the palace, I would climb through my bedroom window instead of going through the front door because I wanted everybody to leave me alone.

When I walked down the stairs, a tingling sensation ran down my spine and throughout my entire body at the sound of Yuu-chan's voice. He was in the kitchen talking to Asuramaru, I realized. As quiet as I could possibly be, I tiptoed towards the kitchen and hid behind the wall as I watched the scene play out in front of me.

"Do you like me?" Asuramaru twirled his dark purple hair around his fingertip as he watched Yuu-chan. "I may be of the male sex, but I do indeed have a female-like appearance. It would be a surprise to know that Yuichiro would have a secret crush on me."

"I-I don't know..." Yuu-chan responded. Asuramaru leaned over the table and inched his face closer to Yuu-chan's. My body started to sweat profusely as my eyes suddenly felt fatigued. "How come you kissed me at the bar?" Asuramaru smirked at Yuichiro. I wanted to slap that smirk right off of his snarky, irritating face. Why was he making a move on Yuu-chan?! He is like over ten centuries older than Yuu-chan. What a perverted, old man Asura was.

His face moved even closer towards Yuu-chan's and I tried my best to stop a growl from escaping my throat. "How come your blush intensifies every time my face moves closer to yours, hmm?" Asuramaru murmured as he leaned so close to Yuu-chan's face that I thought they were going to kiss. That was only until a very flustered Yuu-chan yelled, "Ngh!" And leaned back. That had resulted in both Yuu-chan and his chair falling to the ground with a loud bang.