Chapter 19.

•••

Respect other peoples feelings, even if it doesn't mean anything to you. It could mean everything to them.

.....

Faisal Khalil's POV.

I wouldn't say I was happy about Mamii's divorce. I wasn't, I felt for her. No woman should go through that, it wasn't an easy process. I could tell from how she shut everyone down. I go there almost everyday hoping she would give me a chance to talk to her, but no. I knew something wasn't right from the beginning but I didn't want to ask her about it. And now she's a divorcee. That scum! I wanted to break his bones the other day but she stopped me.

I love her but I also prayed that Aslam would call her back, but he didn't. I have come to accept that I couldn't have her, I didn't stop loving her but I was beginning to move on.

But its been four month already, there was no way he could have her back. They are officially divorced and then I decided this was my time.

When I told my parents about my intentions of marrying her, they both didn't like it but after much persuasion, Mum agreed and we both talked to Dad about it but he stood his ground.

It took us a whole month of convincing before he agreed. I was beyond happy, but he said he only agreed because he wanted a grandchild, he said he wanted one soon and he was expecting a baby bump after a month. I agreed thinking if that would be possible.

There was a problem- Mamii. I know she isn't going agree to this marriage, but I am confident, I can't let her go once again, I fucked up the first time, but not again. I don't care if she is a divorcee, I love her, and that's all that matters.

I got dressed in a brown kaftan, black cap and black palms, I carried my car key and made my way to their house.

****

"So you mean you want to get married to her?" Mamii's father asked me when I told him about my intentions.

"Yes, baba." I affirmed.

"But my son, she is a divorcée and you've never gotten married before." Umma said.

"Yes, I don't care, really. I have always wanted this." I replied, respectfully.

"Are your parents aware of this?" Baba asked.

"Yes, they do and they gave their blessings."

They both exchanged looks. "Have you thought of this carefully? I mean, I hope you don't want to get married to her because of pity." Baba uttered.

I shook my head. "Of course not Baba, like I said earlier, I have always wanted this; I like her but I wasn't brave enough to tell her."