Chapter 26.

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share.*

---
You called me yours.
And I called you mine.
But in this river of words,
We created a sea of lies.

***

I watched as she came of the bathroom dressed in a long, flowing coffee brown skirt and a white tank top. She stood in front of the mirror and readjusted her skirt, she removed her head scarf and looked at her hair through the mirror, she had an annoyed look on her face. She used her fingers to brush the strands of hair that were standing tall, scattered all around her face, but they were too stubborn. She groaned in annoyance and tied her hair with her head scarf once again. She applied powder on her face and kohl on her eyes, clearly satisfied by her looks, she turned and walked towards me, to the bed.

"I noticed you have been staring at me since," she crossed her hands over her chest when she reached me.

"Why don't you comb your hair?" I asked, ignoring her question.

She sighed, dropping her hands to her side and sitting on the bed beside me. "I can't do it." She pouted, looking so cute.

"Well, you can always ask for help from this gentle man, you know." I smirked.

She huffed, rolling her eyes. "As if you can."

"I can. Get me a comb."

She looked at me for some seconds, as if debating whether to get the comb or not, she sighed then got up and got the comb from one of the drawers.

"Here you go," she uttered, handing the comb over to me. "I swear if you do anything naughty with my hair, I will kill you." She threatened making me chuckle.

"Let's see." I replied, collecting the comb from her hand. "Sit."

She sat in front of me, then removed her scarf, then her hair band. She used both her hands to spread her hair, her ebony black hair. Her hair, though uncombed had a very beautiful texture, it isn't too curly but it isn't straight either but it's so long, so long that it touched her back even without me putting the comb in it. I couldn't help but fall in love with the hair.

"You can start, but please be careful." She pleaded and I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

I used the comb to cut the hair into small sizes then gently combed it, I made sure I did it gentle so as not to cause her any pain. I was almost done with it when she placed her head on my lap.

"Don't finish now please." She pleaded, her eyes closed, she was clearly enjoying it.

I continued combing it until I was done. She was lying down so I couldn't see how she looked really with her hair down. I dipped my hands into her dark  hair and massaged her scalp, she sighed in her sleep and I smiled.

I readjusted her on the bed, placing her head on the pillow, I removed strands of hair from her face. I picked my phone from the table and took a picture of her, I smiled imagining her reaction if she should see the pictures I took of her.

I sat down and continued playing with her hair, which I surprisingly enjoy doing until I started feeling sleepy. I kept a pillow behind me and rested my head on it. I closed my eyes and succumbed to sleep.