Chapter 41.

~~~ I am roseWhose thorns must be loved, valuedCherished and respected

~~~
I am rose
Whose thorns must be loved, valued
Cherished and respected.
~~~

Faridah's POV

I rolled on my bed for the twentieth time that night, I shut my eyes tightly but sleep was no where to be found. I sighed heavily and sat up on the bed. I walked to the bathroom and made wudu, I came out and carried my hijab from the drawer, and sprayed the praying mat. I prayed some few nawafil prayers, after my last salama, I carried the holy Qur'an and read, I checked my time and it was 1:35am, it was a Friday morning. So I read Suratul Kahf.

By the time I was done reciting, I dropped the holy Qur'an and joined my hands together in front of me. I made some du'as and I prayed to Allah to guide me to the right path.

Since the kiss Khalil and I shared earlier that day, my brain has been in turmoil, I was so confused and I didn't know why. The kiss had so much effect on me, it messed with my sense of reasoning. I tried to convince myself that it's because it's my first kiss but I know it's way beyond that. This comes from the heart.

I found myself asking if he enjoyed the kiss as much as I did. Or if I kissed him well, and if he thought my lips were as soft as I felt his own was. I placed my index finger and thumb on my lips and caressed it gently. Gosh, what is wrong with me? Why all these thoughts? Who cares about what he thinks.

As much as I want to get rid of all these thoughts, they keep coming back. I wonder if he is sleeping or if he is also thinking about me, about us.

I removed my hijab and folded my prayer mat and laid down on the bed. I closed my eyes and the image of us kissing flashed in my head once again. I cried in frustration and kicked my legs around the bed.

"Damn you, Khalil."

                                     * * *

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm, I wanted to tap the snooze button but my arms weren't moving, I hissed and grumbled, before using all my strength to get up. My arms were tangled inside my hijab, due to how sleepy I was I couldn't remove my hijab after praying subh prayer. I tapped the button and laid back down, I pressed my index finger and middle finger on my temple, as I felt a headache setting in.

"Not today please." I said to myself, I can't afford to fall ill today.

I got up from the bed and made way downstairs, as I was close to the stairs, I heard voices coming from the sitting room, a male and a females voice, the males voice was definitely Khalil's but I couldn't place who the female is.