Steve x reader

Request by WriterGirlme

"(Name)!" Laura said as she hugged me, I of corse hugged back. She hadn't seen me since about Christmas, and now it was summer. I pulled my suitcase in as she opened the door wider. Every year I would come visit my cousin Laura her husband Clint and their children at their vacation house. It was essentially a retreat in the woods. The house was huge, complete with about seven bed rooms and a pool. I also loved coming down here, Clint could cook one hell of a dinner and Laura was probably the sweetest woman ever.
"Take your normal room-"
"Aunt (Name)!" The kids said crashing into me.
Lila and her brother Cooper were the sweetest kids you'd ever meet, getting it from their mother. But from experience they could be quite the handful.
"Why don't you help her carry her suitcase upstairs, Cooper?" Laura said smiling. Me and her were basically sisters. I was raised by her parents for a while when my parents were always on work trips. We bonded a lot over that.
"I can wait Aunt (Name)! We can have a girls day and you can do my hair again!" Lila said jumping up and down.
"And we could go on adventures again-"
"I don't think you'll be doing that again," laura said chuckling nervously. Last year I had taken them in a adventure through the woods, they both came back covered in mud (including me) but had the time of their lives. Laura was the one who had to clean the children and the mud they tracked in, so I guess it was her call.
"(Name)!" Clint said, coming from the kitchen, he was drying his hands with a towel.
"Great to see you again!"

Before we knew it, it was dinner. We all sat around the small wood table eating the food he'd cooked up.
"Yeah, the jobs good." I said, avoiding the question on my sucky job at the mall.
"Pay could be better, but-" I was cut of by three hard knocks from the door.
"It's seven at night. Who could that be?" Clint said ticked off as he stood up.
We all sat in silence as we heard muffled talking.
"Guys, I think we have another guest this year." Clint sighed, walking back into the room. We all looked up, and there he was. I had never met him but always made Laura tell me of the famous man. It was Captain America.
"Hey guys." He said awkwardly waving. He was taller in person. Handsome too. I pushed the thought out of my mind.
"Uncle Steve!" The kids said, hugging him like they did to me.
"Seems like I have some competition." I said chuckling, he looked up from the kids to me. Even though I wasn't a shy person, meeting someone famous was still nerve wracking. Especially someone who saved our world on multiple occasions.
"Whos this?" He asked, breaking from the kids.
"This is (Name), Laura's cousin. She stays with us in the summer." Clint introduced sitting back down.
"Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand and smiling.
"It's nice to meet you to miss." He said, smiling back.

It didn't take long for me and him to become friends, but I guess you could say the kids were to give credit to. We spent most of our time together poolside the next day, watching the kids swim.
"Guys. We have another guest." Clint said, sounding annoyed.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw a red haired woman.
"Natasha!" I said springing up and hugging her.
"Damn, it's been forever!" I said smiling, she smiled back.
"It really has." She said looking to Steve and nodded.
"She finished a mission and had no where to stay. She's going to be here for the summer." Clint explained.
"Well, come on. Get changed and hang out with us!" I said patting the lawn chair next to me.

Me and Steve sat in the pool laughing a week later. The kids swam around us.
"Come on! Stop making fun of me!" I said splashing him, my heart beating fast. I didn't know why it did that but I shrugged it off.
"It's just funny," he said laughing between words.
"How is you even manage to do that?!"
"I don't know!?" I said laughing back and splashing more water.
"Seems like you two are good friends now." Natasha said winking at me. My cheeks went red and I shooed her away.
"I'll pull you in if you don't stop." I hissed jokingly. She chuckled and walked away.

"So, (Name)." She said later as we sat in your room. It had been about a month since we got here.
"What?" I asked her, looking up from my phone.
"Why don't you just tell him how you feel? You both obviously like each other." She stated, raising her eyebrows.
"Why would he like someone like me? I'm the most normal person you can meet. We works to save the world and I work in retail." I scoff in disbelief.
"I'm not even pretty." I added shrugging. She laughed and shoved me lightly.
"You're more pretty then me idiot."
"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes.
"I know how you feel and I know how to read my friend. Don't lie to yourself." She said to me. Little did I know the kids were having the same talk with Steve.
"But-"
My phone buzzed, I looked at it to see a text from the one and only.
Meet me by the pool
I looked up surprised.
"Well you should get going." She said pushing me up.
"Why would he want to see me, it's dark out?" I thought out loud.
"Just Go." She said.

I nervously made my way outside. The backward illuminated by the full moon. My hands became clammy. Should I just tell him and get it over with. If he rejects me I will never have to see him again after this summer.
I was interrupted by the man himself. I smiled sideways and waved.
"I have something to tell you-"
"I need to tell you something-"
We both laughed as we talked at the same time.
"You go first." I told him, he smiled.
"Um, you can go first." He said nervously. Steve. Nervous? Those two things don't go together, ever.
"Your probably gonna hate me after I say this." I said looking at my feet.
"What?" He asked, I decided what to do.
I pulled him down and kissed him. My mind went a million miles a second. What if he didn't like him. What if I did never see him again!? I would be heart broken!!
"That's good." He said, leaning away.
"Because I feel the same."
After that I smiled the biggest I ever had and hugged him.
We heard clapping and look over. There was Natasha and the kids.
"I have the kids to thank for this." Steve said, I looked at him in disbelief.
"But, Natasha made me do what I did." We both looked at them. They high fived.

"They worked together !?" I said laughing, he laughed and put an arm over my shoulder. I could get used to this.