s e v e n t e e n

OMNISCIENT

Mark was the first one whom Sana dialed to inform about her pregnancy. She wanted to keep it a secret from Taehyung for a while, so she can surprise him with it. Upon hearing Sana's news, Mark's jaw dropped while his friend just giggled softly. He can't believe that she's about to have a family now. This is the only time that they had a conversation again because of what happened to Sana back then.

"Hey, you there Mark?" She asked.

Mark shook his head sideways quickly, so he can get back from reality and recover from what she told him. "You really are one heck of a woman." Sana laughed from how he reacted. "This is a shocker, you know."

"I know that you're shocked." She smiled and leaned back to her swivel chair. She looked at her wrist watch and noticed that it's already lunch hour. "Wanna grab lunch?"

He made a cute frown and sighed, "Tae is just around the corner, Sana."

"I told him not to be jealous anymore." She explained. "This might be the only time that we'll see each other again since we're both busy. We're both CEOs, remember?"

Mark wanted to disapprove, but whenever he thinks that this might be the only time that they'd talk again, there's something in him that tells him to say yes. So instead of refusing her, he hummed a yes and asked where could they both have lunch.

Sana hummed as if she's thinking hard where will they want to eat. "I'll just go to the hotel that you have there in Incheon."

"You're in Myeongdong, right?" She hummed a yes. "It'll take you an hour or so by taking the subway."

"Don't worry, Mark. I can handle myself." Her smile widened. She started fixing her things, so she can go already.

"I'll just go to you."

"What? It's alright, Mark. You don't have to." She refused to what he offered. She doesn't want to be a bother to him, so she wanted to be the one who'll visit him him instead.

"I'm on my way. See you."

"Mark--!" As usual, Mark didn't listen to what Sana ordered. He ended the call and continued walking towards the subway, so he can get to Myeongdong.

*

After an hour passed, Sana decided to go to the cafeteria right away. She took her phone and purse with her as she makes her way down through the elevator. As soon as the doors opened, it welcomed Mark, causing her to smile widely and hug him right away.

"It's been so long!" She gladly said and looked at him. He's grown a light layer of moustache against him face. "God, look at those stubbles."

Mark frowned and slapped her hands away from his face gently. Sana laughed at how he reacted. "You're making fun of me."

"Nah, let's go." Sana held his wrist and grabbed him towards the cafeteria. Those gestures made people to eye them. Their eyes all followed Sana and Mark's direction. Some of those people even gossiped from what they saw. "What do you want to eat? My treat!" She asked excitingly as she looks over the counter to see the list of dishes.

Mark stared at her for a while and unconsciously smiled. Sana is like his girl bestfriend and seeing her overjoys his heart. He really missed his best friend. Sana glanced at him and caught him staring at her. She didn't want to take it seriously, so she laughed and teased him.

"Stop smiling, silly. I know you missed me." She said proudly. Mark wanted to puke after hearing her words. Those words were true, but he doesn't want to admit it. "C'mon, tell me what you want to eat."