n i n e

OMNISCIENT

"Oppa, can we talk for a minute?" Dahyun stood up and held Hanbin's wrist. He glanced at his sister swiftly and gave her a slight nod. She dragged her away from their group of friends and sat on another bench.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked with a half-smile on his face. Dahyun felt uncomfortable of telling her brother what she's been noticing lately. She wants to convince herself that her brother's glances to Sana is just nothing, but she can't keep it anymore, so she decided to tell him already.

"Oppa, don't take this the wrong way, but," Dahyun sighed and held her brother's hand. She squeezed it a little and stared at im intently. "Do you have feelings for Sana?" She asked. Hanbin was taken aback for a second, but didn't let Dahyun notice it. It took him a while to answer and his eyes started shaking, not knowing if he should look at her sister or not.

He gulped, "W-Why?" It's not normal for him to stutter because he has always been right and certain with the words that he's spitting out.

Dahyun knew it. She knows him too well, yet she didn't say that she knew. "I mean, I've seen your glances. I saw how you took care of her before." She said in a low voice, so that their friends, that is a few meters away, won't hear them. "It kind of bothers me." He took his hand away from her and crossed it. He leaned back on the backrest of the bench and sighed.

"She's not that hard to like, Dahyun." He confessed and looked away from her. He stared at the white wall infront of them. Dahyun became more bothered of what she heard from him. She knows that he's a smart guy, yet he's becoming stupid because of Sana. "I mean, yeah, she's really lovable. She's every men's dream."

"But, oppa--"

"I know my limits, Dahyun." He cut her off. The sparkle in his eyes started fading away. "It's been a few years since I lost my fiancé and my baby. You know what I've been through. I've been broken since then." She can still feel the loneliness in her brother's heart. That pain will forever be engraved in that place anyway. No one can ever replace those two people that Hanbin loved the most. "This is the only time that I've found genuine happiness again." He managed to pull out a smile even if it's bittersweet.

"Oppa," Dahyun doesn't know what should she say to him. "Do you really like Sana that much?" She asked, confirming.

He nodded. This time, he didn't hesitate in answering the truth. Why would he lie if the answer is so obvious anyway? That would just make him look stupid.

"It's not bad, right?" He asked and glanced at her swiftly. He then gazed at the white wall again. "There's nothing wrong with liking her. The wrong thing is that I'll exceed with my limitations. If I'd go below the belt, that's completely wrong." Dahyun is a little relieved of what she heard from him. She thought that he will let himself be eaten by love. "I'm going back to the States anyway. These feelings are useless."

"What? You're going back already?" Dahyun's eyes widened a little and so as her mouth. Her eyebrows then furrowed because of confusion. "You just got home, oppa. Why are you going back?"

"That's my way of moving on, okay? If I'll stay here in Korea and see her often woth Tae, that wouldn't lessen my feelings for her." He stood up and offered his hand. She took it and stood up as well. They started walking back towards their friends. "I'll leave on the 29th."

"What?" She asked, more surprised.

"Hey, calm down, Kim Dahyun." Chaeyoung told her as soon as they reached them. "What are you so surprised with?" Dahyun glanced at her brother, but he gave her a meaningful look and it probably means that she'd keep it as a secret for a while.