t h i r t y - special chapter

DAHYUN'S POV

They say that adoption is the best option for me and for Jimin to have a kid, but I told myself that I am fine; that I am okay even though we won't have a kid. I guess we can't all have the blessings in life. Jimin is too much of a blessing for me. He's enough and I am thankful to have him.

Whenever we go to bed, we stare at each other and there he goes, tearing up and saying sorry to me for the nth time. He holds my hand and whispers, "I am sorry." I smiled and mouthed that it's okay. "I-I'm sorry because I can't give you want you wanted." He said in such faint voice. I held his cheek and wiped his tears away using my thumb.

"Ssh," I sushed him and smiled wider. "I told you that it's not a very big deal." I whispered back. "If it's not for us, then it's not."

"B-But..."

"No buts, okay, hon?" I gave him a peck on his lips. He half-smiled softly and nodded his head. "Okay."

"Let's go to sleep?" He asked.

"Marry me?" I asked him back before his eyes can even close. He looked stunned of what I asked him, but I really meant my words. "Let's get married?"

"What's with the sudden question?" He raised a brow.

"Marry me." It wasn't a question that I said. It was a command, an order.

"Are you sure of what you're asking me right now, Dahyun?" I nodded and played with his hair. "Are you willing to spend your life with a barren man like me?"

"Of course." I answered. "I have always been ready. I was just waiting for the perfect time to get ourselves married."

"Then, yes." He said. "I'll marry you."

*

I had a talk with Jin lately because I wanted to ask him about his feelings when Mina said that she's barren. We're inside a tea house somewhere here in Myeongdong. I'm glad that he made time for our conversation today because I heard the news that he and Mina fought a few days or weeks ago.

"We've been busy lately with our works." He chuckled and smiled. "The squad hardly had any time together to do stuff for relaxation." He added and I agreed with him.

"Yeah," I nodded. "How have you been with Mina lately?"

"The news got spread, I see." His smile faded slightly. "We're not talking like before. I'm afraid that things might get too serious and fucked up that we have to divorce."

"Don't try to jinx it." I said and drank my tea. I sat more comfortably on my seat and then he crossed his legs as soon as he takes his tea from its saucer. "Things will get better soon, you know."

"I hope so."

"Jin," I called him and so he hummed a yes. "What did you feel when you knew that Mina is barren?" He chuckled a little and placed the tea cup on its saucer on the table.

He then sighed, "At first, it was kind of lonely because of course, you can't have a kid of your own." He paused, but he grinned wider. "I always wanted to do have a family with her. I have always dreamt of that. It was hard to accept it at first, but I didn't marry her just to have a family. Of course, I wanted to spend my life with her forever--whatever forever means. I just want to be hers officially and eternally." While he was saying those words, his eyes sparkle. There this gleam in his eyes whenever he talks about Mina and his dreams. "Just accept things, you know."