f o r t y - t h r e e

OMNISCIENT

As soon as Sana opened her eyes, she saw her loving husband sleeping on the edge of the hospital bed. She smiled, touched of how he came to the hospital just to see her. She caressed his head and tried sitting down which made him wake up slowly. He blinked his eyes twice and looked around until his gazes met Sana's. They were both smiling when their eyes met which made them both giggle.

"Congratulations," Sana leaned over to his face to kiss his forehead.

"Thank you." He whispered and stood up from his chair. He stretched his arms out and asked, "What do you like for breakfast?"

She giggled, "Don't bother. You just came from Hong Kong and barely had any sleep. I'll just call Mark."

"Isn't he out of the country?" Taehyung asked and sat down again. He started playing with Sana's resting fingers.

She shook her head sideways, "No. He came back from Thailand after his business trip." She smiled. "Can you please hand over my phone?" Taehyung took his wife's phone and dialed Mark's number for her. He handed it to her and let her do her thing.

"When will you be discharged?" Taehyung asked his wife.

"Probably after three days." She told him as she's waiting for Mark to answer the call. "Oh, good morning, Mark!" As Taehyung is waiting for Sana to finish speaking with Mark, Taekwon suddenly woke up from his slumber. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the area.

"Good morning, big boy." Taehyung stood up to kiss his son in his cheeks in which he wiped off eventually. He just laughed it off and messed his son's hair. They were in a situation like that when they heard a knock from the door. A couple with their 6-year-old daughter entered the room which made Taekwon's eyes open wider.

"Good morning~" Mina greeted the three inside.

"We brought some fruits to help you recover." Jin said and told Minrin to hand over the basket to Taekwon. Minrin ran towards the little kid and handed it to him, but he was so flustered that he wasn't able to get it, so Taehyung took it instead and thanked Minrin.

"Thank Minrin," Taehyung whispered to Taekwon which snapped him out from his dream world.

Taekwon bowed, "T-Thank you, Minrin noona." He told and peeked at her lovely and angelic smile. Taehyung wanted to laugh because of Taekwon's funny response.

"Do you want to play, Taekwon-ah?" Again, he petrified which bought him some time before answering.

Minrin thought that he doesn't want to because he wasn't answering, so she said, "It's okay if you don't want to." She then turned her back and went back to her foster parents. Taehyung stood up and greeted Jin and Mina who is talking with Sana.

"Congratulations!" Taehyung hugged the couple.

He chuckled, "Thanks a lot."

"You were funny in that article though." Jin told him and it made his cheeks red instantly. He's still a bit embarrassed of how he acted when he received Jimin. He swore that Jimin is going to be dead meat if he'd visit.

"You were tearing up while waving your hand! That's some historical moment!" Mina laughed, so he told them to shut up already because he's getting more embarrassed. They continued chatting about Taeha which of course made Taekwon jealous for the nth time. He just sulked at some corner again and watch the elderlies talk until Minrin noticed how he acted, so she approached him.

*

It's been a year and two months since Sana gave birth to her healthy daughter. Today is Taeha's doljanchi, so Taehyung and Sana invited a lot of people for the occasion. They invited all of their friends who didn't failed them. They all went to the event with their gifts.

Sana's parents are also in the venue. Taehyung did invite his sister, Taeyoung, to the event as well. Yuta, Mark and Wendy with their kids, Irene and Hanbin also came. They did not want to miss Taeha's first grand birthday celebration.

And then, it's time for the highlight of the party. They all gathered to the center of the place to watch the ceremony. The ceremony is called Doljabi and it is usually the highlight of the first birthday celebration of a kid.

Sana is holding Taeha in her arms, so Taehyung asked some help from Jungkook to help him put the things on the ground. They placed six various objects on the floor where Taeha will choose from.

Firstly, there is this toy gavel which represents being a judge or a lawyer in the future. Secondly, a toy stethoscope was place which may represent any medical profession. Thirdly, a piggy bank was placed on the pillow. It represents a future entrepreneur in the future. And then there is a toy microphone in which she might choose because Sana has been hearing Taeha's out of tune hums even though she's just a year old. There's a small basketball placed there if Taeha would want to be an athlete in the future and lastly, there's a story book. If Taeha chooses it, it means that she may want to be a scholar in the near future.

After settling everything, they made the little girl sit on the soft carpet and let her make her decision. The baby scanned her eyes among the toys and started crawling.

"It looks like she will pick the books! She's heading towards that direction!" Nayeon bit her lower lip and watched the baby crawl. Everybody is assuming that she will pick the books because that's where she was heading, but she suddenly stopped from crawling when she's only half a meter away from the things.

She again scanned the toys and slowly crawled to the shiny toy microphone on her left. Everybody gasped, shocked of the suddenly turn of the events. Taeha took the microphone and started to play with it.

Taehyung's proud fatherly smile can't be wiped off from his face right now. Sana smiled ever so sweetly and widely and rested her head to her husband's shoulders. All of them were clapping when Taeha took the microphone.

"We're going to have a very good singer right here," Jeongyeon said and grinned at Taeha's parents.

"We'll look forward to her debut in the future." Hoseok said and all of them cheered again. Taehyung and Sana was about to take their toddler when Taeha suddenly dropped the mic and started shaking uncontrollably. They all rushed towards the little girl and tried snapping her out from her quivering, but she can't be stopped.

Everybody panicked at the situation. They were bewildered. They did not know what should they do. "Tae! Start up the car!" Sana yelled and so Taehyung ran outside to get his car while Sana tried her best to make Taeha stop from shaking. "S-Somebody get me a spoon!" She yelled and held Taeha tightly. Her tears started streaming against her cheeks. She's scared of what might happen to her daughter.

Dahyun gave her a spoon and helped her in inserting it inside Taeha's little mouth because she might cut off her tongue. Jimin told them that Taehyung is already waiting for them in the car, so they both stood up and ran to the car so that Taeha can be taken to the hospital right away.

And then there was Taekwon who is watching from afar. He doesn't understand what's happening to his sister and he can't digest every little information. He stood there, with Minrin by his side, watching the car sprint away from their eyes.

He looked away and ran away from everyone. No one seemed to notice because they're all gossiping about the incident. No one seemed to care because all of their eyes are focused on Taeha, but Taekwon didn't understand.

He doesn't want to understand.

--*

Seven more chapters left, I guess? 😂

Follow my ig acct: @bangteuwaiseu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D