watching

"What do you mean I'm not apart of the choosing anymore?"

I stare at Jin in shock as he sits in front of me, stiffening when Jungkook removes his arm from around me. He's sees me looking at him and immediately puts his arm around my shoulders again, his hand rubbing calming circles onto my arm.

Jungkook and I have grown uncharacteristically close over the past few weeks that he has been watching over me. Aside from when Taehyung had come in with him the first time, he has been the only person to see me while I was recovering. I never thought that I would get attached to a demon, especially since he is part of The Seven, but I have. He is the only one that can calm me down, and I have found myself trusting him more than I probably should.

"It is exactly as it sounds" Jin says, his eyes moving from the spot that Jungkook is holding to my eyes again. The eye contact doesn't last long though. I watch as he takes out a compact mirror and checks his reflection in it, his hand playing with his hair as he makes sure that everything is perfect.

"We don't know what you are, but you aren't human. We don't think it would be fair if you competed against them, considering you are more powerful than we had originally thought."

I jump as he snaps the compact shut with a clang, his full attention now on me. His eyes narrow as he looks me up and down, a tremor going up my spine. I don't like the way that he is looking at me. I can feel it as he judges me, my body shaking from the suspense. 

"I can see why the others are going crazy over you....you are quite pretty.....but you aren't that pretty."

Jungkook scoffs from beside me, the sound causing me to look over at him in curiosity. He rolls his eyes as he looks off to the side, making eye contact with me. His small smile makes me relax a tiny bit before I look back over to where Jin is still studying me.

"You have a lot of potential though. I'll help you out one of these days" he says with a condescending smiles, him then standing up to leave the room that I have isolated myself in. I watch as he goes, my eyes following his every moment. It isn't until the door closes behind him that I relax fully, sagging into Jungkook's side as he whistles.

"Don't mind Jin hyung, he can be very vain at times. I'm pretty sure he thinks that he is the prettiest person in the whole world."

I chuckle, turning towards Jungkook as he stands up from his seat and walks towards the closet that is set up in the room. He looks through my clothes, like he has been doing every day since I have been recovering, my eyes watching his back as he picks out my outfit for today. I wasn't going to trust his decision, since Jimin's sense of fashion was awful, but he is actually really good at putting outfits together. 

I walk over to him when he motions for me to, my bare feet dragging along the tiled floor of the room as I go. He hands me a grey top, that is a little bit too short for my taste but still works, giving me some black ripped skinny jeans to wear as well. I put a red and black flannel shirt on over, leaving it unbuttoned. I place the Nike running shoes he hands me on my feet, walking over to my bathroom.

My hair was in braids the night before so I take the out, my hair slightly curly as apposed to the pin straight locks I usually have

My hair was in braids the night before so I take the out, my hair slightly curly as apposed to the pin straight locks I usually have. I put the top half into a messy ponytail, leaving the rest down. My hair is still short from when it got cut during the fight, but it has grown out some. It now rest around my shoulders, the black strands still a little bit choppy.

I haven't bothered putting on any makeup since the dreams I had, not wanting to put much effort into anything. I simply put on some chapstick and walk back over to where Jungkook is waiting for me, looking up at him as he smiles down at me.

"Come on noona, the guys are probably waiting for us."

I allow him to wrap his arm around my shoulder as I leave the room for the first time since I woke up from that dream, our steps echoing off of the high ceiling. I know that it is bad, but I don't feel afraid of Jungkook at all now. He has been taking such good care of me, even though I'm not sure why he is in the first place when he doesn't have to. He is almost like a little brother to me, it totally normal for us to be together now.

I do get a little more timid as I make my way into the kitchen. All eyes are on us as we make our way towards the table that everyone is sitting around, my arms wrapping around my waist protectively. Yuna immediately glares at me, her eyes hard as she looks between Jungkook and myself. I take in how her hair has grown longer since the last time I saw her, it looking sort of weird on the shaved side.

Chan stands up from her seat when she sees me, a smile making its way onto my face. I had missed her the most out of everyone in the building, my mood lifting. She bounces cutely in her place as she watches me get closer, her arm still wrapped up in a sling from when it got broken.

She is about to run up to me when I am pushed back, Jungkook moving to stand in front of me. I peer up at him in shock, not expecting this sort of behavior from him. Chan gulps before nervously backing up due to the glare on his face, sulking in her seat as she looks at me from beneath her eyelashes. 

"Yah, Jungkook, what was that for?" I ask under my breath as we sit down next to each other, watching as his mood switches from territorial to bubbly in less than a second.

"You are no longer allowed to hang out with the humans. Taehyung is still in charge of you, and he said that you will just be watching from now on."