Chapter: 20

Britney's POV

Bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzz

I heard Taylor groan.

I looked over and laughed. His bandana was halfway down his face.

He smiled slightly and rolled over on his stomach.

I picked up my phone and stared in awe at what I saw. 50 missed calls. 235 text messages from Matt.

Bzz bzz. Bzz bzz. Make that 51 calls.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Britney?! Oh my god. Thank god you're okay! I thought something happened to you!" He said quickly into the phone.

"Stop Matt." I said trying to hold back the tears.

"Wha...what?" He asked stuttering.

"You kissed Maggie. I trusted you." I remarked.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Chelsea's in Virginia, Matt! She said she saw you and Maggie kissing at the mall!"I yelled which caused Taylor to wake up a little bit.

"Who is that?" Taylor mouthed.

"Matt." I mouthed back.

"Babe, I'm not in Virginia..." He said trailing off.

"Don't lie to me Matt." I said back. "I have to go. I'm not wasting tears on you."

"Babe! Listen. Give me 20 minutes." He said sniffling.

"What...? Fine. Hurry." I said yawning.

"Please. Be right back." He said hanging up.

"What the hell?" I said out loud looking at my phone screen.

"What?" Taylor asked looking concerned.

"Matt wanted to explain himself and wanted 20 minutes. I said okay and he hung up." I said looking confused.

"Um." Taylor said looking lost.

"My point exactly." I said sitting on the bed and putting my head in my hands.

There was a knock on the door and I groaned.

"Cam! Get the door!" I yelled.

"Ask mom to! I'm talking to Chelsea on the phone!" He yelled back.

"Mom's in New York for a business meeting! Remember? Now be a mature 19 year old and answer the damn door!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

I was beyond pissed and annoyed.

"Britney, you've known me forever. I'm no where near mature." He said laughing.

"Just open it." I said back.

"Fine." Cam said walking down the stairs.

I heard the door open.

"You need to leave." I overheard Cam say to our visitor.

"No. Britney said I could explain." He said.

What. The. Hell.

"Britney! Come down here!" Cam yelled from downstairs.

My heart beat a thousand times per second and I'm surprised it didn't pop out of my chest.

I walked slowly down the stairs and stopped in front of the door.

"Cam. Please give us a minute?" I asked quietly.

"You sure?" He asked.

I nodded looking at the door.

"Ok...." Cam said walking up the stairs.

Once he was out of sight he spoke.

"Please Britney let me explain." Matt said quickly.

"Explain what Matt? She kissed you but you didn't kiss back? No. That's too cliche. If that's your excuse you're taking your ass and leaving." I said crossing my arms and looking him straight in the eye.

"I'm not. Trust me." He said rubbing his watery eyes.

"Explain." I said rolling my eyes.

"Okay. The driver drove me to the airport and I grabbed my bags and went through security, and sat down in the lobby waiting for my flight to Virginia to board." He said and I nodded.

"A lady came into the room looking worried and scared. I went up to her and asked her if she was okay. She said she couldn't find her daughter. The flight attendant lady said my flight number and I told the lady I was sorry but I couldn't help her. She begged me and I turned around and saw everyone boarding. I told her okay and followed her to help her find her kid. We walked around for about an hour and I was trying to calm her down while searching for her daughter. My flight took off 1 hour ago and we were still walking around." He explained and I nodded in understanding again.

"I found a little girl by one of the shops crying and looking for her mommy. The woman I was with saw her and ran and to hug her. She thanked me and hugged me. She told me no one bothered to help her and she began to cry. She thanked me and walked off holding her daughters hand." He explained and my eyes started to water.

" I went up to the desk clerk and asked her when the next flight to Virginia was. She replied, 'In two hours' I nodded and thanked her, but she said I'm sorry, all flights have been cancelled; the flight that just boarded to Virginia has crashed and no survivor has been found. I couldn't find any words to say and I walked away. I went up to a man who was in the room with me when the lady who cried came in. I asked him if he knew who the lady was. He looked at me like I was crazy and flat out told me, 'there was no lady'. I asked to see the security tapes and there was no lady. All you saw was me walking away talking to myself." He finished explaining and a tear rolled down my face.

"She was my angel...she knew something bad was going to happen. She saved me, babe. I was never in Virginia I stayed the night at the airport." He said looking into my blue-hazel eyes.

All I did was cry and hugged him tight.

"I'm sorry I blamed you." I sobbed into his shirt.

"It's okay. It's okay." He said playing with my hair with his fingers.

"I'm happy you're okay." I cried harder.

"I know babe. I know. I'm here." He said kissing my forehead.

"What's going on?" Taylor asked from the top of the stairs.

Matt looked at Taylor and Taylor looked at me.

Shit.

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated.

My new days are Saturday and Tuesday.

Thank y'all so much for 7K 😊😊😊😊 that means so much. 😘

Next update: Tuesday.

Everyone have an awesome weekend 😛