Prologue

Both of us sat in the cold yet comforting confines of his living room. Neither of us had uttered a single word to each other since I arrived. Everything from the sound of the busy streets of London to the leaking of the kitchen faucet could be heard. I wanted to think the silence wasn't awkward, but it was anything but that.

"Aubrey please-" his thick accent rang out breaking the silence that was slowly but surely suffocating me.

I picked my head up from between my hands and looked straight into the deep blue eyes that were my weakness, but today I wanted to run far far away from those orbs. None of this was supposed to happen in the first place. Everything was supposed to play out in my favor, not against me. Sitting here with the feeling of being broken wasn't in the forecast.

"You know I'm really sick and tired of all this? After everything we've been through, we end up here?" I cried. Footsteps made their way towards me until I felt the sofa I was currently sitting on shift. I could feel his body heat radiating off of him and slowly making its way onto my body Flashbacks quickly made their way to my mind reminding me of the wonderful sensations this boy caused me.

"Please don't touch me." I whispered.

"Aubs, babe yah know that-" he started.

"No Niall! I can't do this anymore. We're not good for each other anymore!" I yelled.

"Like hell we aren't!  What the fuck are yah thinkin'?" he yelled as he ran a hand through his now brunette hair. Specks of blonde could be seen as he ruffled it a bit, but from here it was almost all brunette, a look I very much preferred on him. I shook my head at those thoughts and focused on the current situation.

"You know exactly what I'm thinking. Don't act clueless." I scoffed. "We're both broken and neither of us can do anything about it." I quietly said avoiding his gaze. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed how fragile and vulnerable he looked. He was no longer the confident and spunky boy I had come to love.

"Baby, yah know we can fix each other." I cringed at his petname for me. My heart would have skipped a million beats if it were any other time, but today I couldn't help but shiver.

"I'm sorry Niall, but there's no use in that. You of all people should know the validity of that statement." I said, lifting myself from the white couch.

"So yer jus' gonna walk out? On me? On us?"he asked as he followed me to his door.

"On us? That's rich coming from the guy that could give a shit about our relationship." I retorted.

Once something is broken, it can never be put back to its original form. Often times that's a good thing,  but then in other cases it's a tragedy. And in my case it was a tragedy.