Chapter 23

Niall's P.O.V.

First show of the new the tour was officially done for the night. For the first time in a very long time, I found myself flashing a genuine smile to the crowd. All the fans screaming and jumping around to the beat of our music brought back so many familiar and comforting feelings to me. Performing and singing with my four best friends helped me forget all the negatives in my life, including the heavy burden of my dead pregnant girlfriend. Deep down, though, there was a constant fire burning in the pit of my stomach. Something as important and weighted so heavily shouldn't have been hidden from me, especially from someone whom I was utterly and completely in love with. Everything at the moment was so baffling.

Tonight also helped me realize that my life never truly stopped, as tragic as it seemed at times. Even though Grace and my child were gone, I had to push through the pain and focus on the now. I had the tour, the boys, my family, and most importantly Aubrey. She was the only one who understand why I acted certain ways, and in turn knew how to comfort me. I can't even begin to describe the adrenaline rush that pulsates through my veins whenever I hug her or kiss her. Every kiss we shared was better than the last, I don't think I could ever get enough of her.

At times, my mind would jump a million paces ahead of me and want to go further than just kissing her. The both of us agreed to take things slow, and I wasn't entirely sure what Aubrey's definition of slow was, but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable with me. Aubrey shouldn't feel pressured to do anything she wasn't fine with doing with me. We were both very content with the way things were going between us, and I didn't want to lose one of the few people keeping me sane at the moment.

"Niall," her soft voice sounded through my dressing room. Our tour bus was being cleaned before we headed back to the hotel for our last night in California, with Arizona being our next stop. While we waited I decided to just hang out in my dressing room without a care as to what the other lads were doing.

"Hey come on in," I ushered her towards the empty spot next to me on the sofa I was currently sat on. For the concert, Aubrey had decided to wear a loose tank top covered with a black cardigan along with a jean mini skirt. And god damn, her legs had me drooling since the first moment she stepped out of her shared hotel room with Zayn. Her legs were absolute perfection and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to take her right here, right now.

"Did ya like the show?" I asked her as she sat in my lap, making head spin in all sorts of direction. Focus was all I needed to bring into my mind, not how nice and pleasurable Aubrey sitting in my lap was.

"It was amazing, great first concert. Thank you to you and the boys," she said before smiling down at me. Even her smile was killing me right now. Without making it too obvious, I lightly shifted against the sofa in hopes she wouldn't notice my sudden change of behavior.

"T'night was yer first concert?" I asked her as I brought my mind back to reality. Thank god. Aubrey shyly nodded her head at me causing her hair suddenly covered the entire side of her face that was exposed to me. Was she embarrassed because of that? From what I could see her cheeks were tinted into a light shade of pink which definitely wasn't her makeup.

"Hey, don't be shy. Lots 'f people experience their first concert at yer age an' even later," I consoled her as I brought one hand up to push her hair back.

"I just feel like I'm so inexperienced with so many things when it comes to you," she quietly whispered. Just by the look her eyes held, I knew she felt like she didn't measure up to my standards. In all honesty, I was the one who didn't measure up to her standards. I didn't even give us a label or anything official, yet she agreed to be with me and continue whatever it was we were. I should be the one saying that to her.