Chapter 12

Aubrey's P.O.V.

       "Laur, I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do now." I breathed out before I brought up my hands to fully cover my face. While the initial reaction of my moving to London would have been expected to be nothing short of amazing, it was absurd to even consider it anything close to amazing now. Currently, I was utterly confused and stressed, not knowing how to get myself out of this dilemma. Ms. Lipton's sudden change of plans for the book completely caught me off guard. Not only did I not want to write about a touchy subject like that, but I knew once anything surrounding the truth concerning Niall and Grace, he would fall back into an even worse state of depression and vulnerability than before.

"Just tell him Aubrey. I'm sure he'll understand." Lauren reasoned with me. After about a week of contemplating on what the hell I should do, I had decided to consult none other than the person who could never steer me in the wrong direction.

"I can't. It'd be too hard. Imagine his reaction if he found out that world is after him and the only piece of information he has left of his girlfriend."  I said. There was no doubt in my mind that Niall would be absolutely furious knowing that some media corporation is out to snoop his inner personal life. In the weeks that I have come to know Niall, I learned that he held things, specifically people, very near and dear to his heart. Sure, he came off as a careless, inconsiderate jerk, but if the person truly meant something to him, he was willing to do everything in his power to protect them.

"Honestly, I'm speechless. You're caught in the stickiest of situations." Lauren said as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Should I talk to Liam about it? Or one of the boys?" I racked my brain for every plausible possibility that could help me solve my problem. Liam seemed like the person that would remain calm in a situation like this and hopefully help me out? Lauren simply shook her head at me in disapproval.

"That's too risky. They're basically brothers, if one goes down, they all go down together. Meaning he'll have the other three know in no time, who in turn will tell Niall." she explained. There was no denying her words becauase just as she said, if one goes down, the other four do as well. They were closer than a pack of wolves, as weird of an analogy as it sounds.

Before I had ample time to even think of response, rapid knocks were heard hitting against my front door. Last week, I had scheduled a day for Niall to come over so we could properly talk since the last time didn't really fulfill my initial goal. I had thought giving myself a week to think about what I was going to tell would have been enough time, but as usual it wasn't. Here I was seated at my desk, staring out my window watching rain drops trickle down the sill. All I need right now is a miracle seeing as I had less than five minutes to come up with something to tell the boy waiting for me behind that door.

"Are you expecting someone?" Lauren asked just after the knocks had halted.

"Yeah, it's Niall." I replied, nervous to see what her reaction would be. Lauren barely had a clue about One Direction besides the fact they were one of the world's most popular bands, but she wasn't knowledgeable about the members, songs, and all the technical information. But even with no prior knowledge, she was still anxious to meet them since they were famous. Lauren had an obsession with fanout people ever since forever. She made it a goal of hers to meet as many famous people ad she could. Now was one of her times to obsess over it again.

"Can I talk to him? Please?" she begged me as she brought her hands together under her chin. Rolling my eyes at her childish actions, I shook my head before letting out a light laugh.

"I don't know Laur, he night not be in the mood. You know how I told you about his mood swings." I said. Unsure of Niall's mood today, I didn't want to risk catching him on a bad day and facing the wrath of his anger. That was something I wanted and needed to avoid at all costs.