Chapter 8

Aubrey'sP.O.V.

"I still can't believe you landed a book interview with the most successful band in the world!" Lauren screeched so loud that it felt like I was talking to her in person rather than over a video call.

"Calm down. It's not even that big of deal. It's just for a small portion anyways." I stated as I leaned my head back on my chair. Rather than talk to over the phone, Lauren insisted on skyping me in order to see my "fabulous London flat". Of course, me being the way I am, gave in immediately and gave her as much of a tour I possibly could through a computer screen.

"Yeah whatever, I know you're secretly freaking out on the inside." she said before dramatically flipping her hair. Lauren was undeniably gorgeous. I had always envied her natural beauty. She had shoulder length, dirty blonde hair, sort of like Niall's but a tad lighter, paired with piercing blue eyes along with a flawless complexion. If I hadn't known Lauren for years, I'd mistake for her model since she her legs were basically twigs, but had boobs the size of watermelons. Well, not as big as watermelons, but they were pretty big. She was the epitome of all the girls during high school. The best part was she never let her looks get the best of her; she was caring and a total sweetheart. One of the many reasons we became best friends.

"Plus aren't two of them single?" she coyly asked. With the smirk she wore on her face, there was no denying that she wanted to persuade me to hook up with one of the boys, not that I would anyways. That would be too awkward. I was finally happy I patched things up with Niall. I think we're finally on good terms with each other after our little talk we had a few days ago.

"Lauren, I'm not dating any of them." I groaned. She was always pushing me into starting a relationship with any guy that came into my life. It wasn't that I wasn't interested, I've just had some bad fallouts with guys, and I could really use a break.

"Why? You had one in your house the other day! I would have pounced on him right away if I didn't have a boyfriend." she whined. Shaking my head, I silently scolded myself for telling her Niall had come over and the little time we had spent together. I never mentioned to her that his girlfriend was dead because I got the impression from Niall that he had wanted to keep this information away from as many as people as possible. It probably explains why I had never come across it in a magazine or on T.V., since it was such a sensitive topic for him. I didn't blame him though, I wouldn't want the news of my parents dead although I was no one important.

"Harry isn't my type." I replied, pretending that I had no idea which single boy she was referring to.

"You know that's not who I'm talking about. But he is an excellent candidate." she winked.

"Zayn's married." I was really pushing her buttons today.

"Aubrey, you perfectly know who I'm fucking talking about." she said, clearly frustrated at my fained stupidity. Lauren never swore unless she was completely mad or aggravated, like now. It was actually quite funny and enjoyable.

"Okay fine. But seriously, Niall isn't my type. Yeah, he's attractive, but he's still an asshole, and you know I don't date asshole anymore." I said before folding my arms across my chest. Ever since my last relationship, almost a year and a half ago, ended, I swore off boys for a while. I had no time to deal with their lies and bullshit.

"I guess you're right. Based off what you've told me about him, he seems like a complete ass." Lauren said.

"Exactly. I don't want any repeats like with Pete." I cringed as his name slipped from my lips. Thinking back to how naive I was back then made me regret my impulsive and idiotic decisions at the time. I could have spared myself the pain and suffering, but I guess life throws those curve balls at you.